Are you a graduate or an Alumni of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and you are finding it difficult to get your transcript? Do you really need your transcript wherever you are without coming down to UNN? If you answered "yes" to any of the questions, then this is for you.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has launched an online tool, iTranscript; by which any of its graduates and alumni can request and get their transcripts from anywhere in the world without traveling down to the school.
This is yet another first in the line of exploits which the renowned school, located in Nigeria's southeast town of Nsukka in Enugu state, is known for.
To request a transcript, simply visit the official web portal of the University of Nigeria's Alumni Affairs, and follow the instructions outlined on the iTranscript User Guide available on the web portal. The iTranscript User Guide is as summarized below:
- To make a transcript request, simply click on the 'Continue' button found on the official website (link found below). Fill in your details accurately as required. Please note that it is necessary that you provide a valid email address on the request form. This will enable the portal automatically send you emails, giving you updates of every transaction you carry out on the portal.
- To initiate a transcript request
- Upon your first visit to the platform, you must fill in the form providing the following details accurately: Surname, First name, Middle name (optional), Matriculation number (IN THIS FORMAT - 1999/123456. PLEASE IF YOUR MATRIC NUMBER IS 1996/123456 DO NOT ENTER IT AS 96/123456), email address, department and year of graduation.
- But if you have visited the platform previously, and have successfully requested and PAID for a transcript, you must skip the process of filling the form and simply enter your matriculation number in the field provided at the bottom of the page.
- You are expected to provide details about the transcript you are requesting as follows: The name of the Institution or Organization that the transcript is to be sent to, the address of that institution or organization, City, State, ZIP/Postcode (for foreign addresses), Country, and Continent. Please note that the address you enter is the address that the courier will deliver your transcript to, and your transcript will bear this address, therefore, ensure that you are as detailed and accurate as possible.
- You can request for more than one transcript at a go, by making different requests and adding them to your cart. Please note that you are charged per transcript request, so if you add more than one transcript request to your cart, your total fee will be a summation of the fee per transcript, for the number of transcripts you requested.
- After you have chosen your card-payment option, enter your card details as directed by portal and make your payment. (You can pay with any ATM card you have (VISA, INTERSWITCH or MASTERCARD) as long as that card has been enabled for web transactions. Please confirm from your bank that your card is enabled for web transactions)
- If for any reason, after you have reached Step 5 (that is, after you have selected your card-payment option) you do not finish the transaction that you initiated, you can complete the payment process any time later by
- Confirming your matriculation number (refer to Step 2-b). The system will recognize you.
- Click on “Payment Support”
- Click on “Pending Payments”
- Click on the “Action” button of the payment you want to continue with, and select “Retry Payment”. You will be taken back to the payment interface, where you will need to enter your card details and make your payment.
- After successful payment, you may wish to print your payment receipt.
- The portal keeps you updated by email about the status of your request.
- To log out of the process at any point in time, simply click on the “Quit” button at the bottom of the page.