Registration for the 2013/2014 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria has started.
JAMB launched its official 2013 UTME Registration Portal on 6th November, 2013; and the portal is now active. With the launch, JAMB is set to offer its JAMB UTME Registration Scratch cards to candidates for accessing the e-registration portal.
Know Your UTME Exam Date!!
The 2013 JAMB UTME exam will be completely different from what obtained in the past, because JAMB had announced that it will be asking candidates to choose one of three options to write their exams in. The three options will be the Paper and Pencil Test (PPT), Dual Computer Paper Test (DCPT) and the Computer Based Test (CBT). For full details of these, see JAMB Offers Candidates Three Options for 2013 UTME exams and JAMB to Commence Computer-Based Test for UTME in 2015.
You may visit the 2013 UTME e-portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/. However, to access the JAMB/UTME portal for e-registration, you need a scratch card which is being sold for N4,000 at the approved selling outlets nationwide - designated banks, Post offices and JAMB offices nationwide.
The JAMB UTME Scratch card contains a serial number and PIN, two vital information you require for your UTME e-registration. UTME 2013 registration will also require a finger print scanner like in 2012. However, registration can only be done at accredited centres. Returning JAMB UTME 2012 candidates may not require fingerprint scanner, since their fingerprint is already in JAMB’s database, but they may need to provide their JAMB 2012 registration numbers.
JAMB has maintained the same process used in 2011 and 2012 UTME registration for 2013. JAMB/UTME 2013 registration, like in 2012, will require a biometric fingerprint scanner. The biometric scanner (finger print reader) will be used to capture the left and right thumbs of the candidates. Candidates are advised to make sure an approved fingerprint reader is available on the computer they intend using for their JAMB UTME 2013 registration as their finger print (left and right thumb) will be read before they can sign-up for a UTME account, which is the first step in the registration process.
Also like in 2012, JAMB UTME 2012 registration must be done on a computer with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed. This is because the application that runs the JAMB UTME registration portal is based on Java programming language. Minimum of JRE 1.6 is required. Java JRE can be downloaded free on the Internet, if it is not already on your system (about 10MB). Make sure to read the instructions at the registration website before commencing your registration. The JAMB UTME 2013 Brochure is built-into the portal making it easy to search for details of your Jamb UTME courses of choice.
Please note the following:
A) All Candidates are advised to download and PRINT the New 2013 Jamb/UTME Online Registration Template and fill out the form. To download the 2013 Jamb/UTME Online Registration Template, go to the official website: http://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme.
B) Candidates should note that they are to do their registration ONLY through authorized Business/Computer Centres even if they are able to do the registration themselves using personal computers. This means that candidates cannot use their personal computers to register the JAMB 2013/2014 Form. The list of Authorised Business/Computer Centres/Cybercafe may be accessed through the link below.
C) Before going to any business center or cybercafe to register/complete the JAMB form; be sure to note the followings:
- Ensure you download and PRINT the New 2013 JAMB/UTME Online Registration Template.
- After you download and print the 2013 Jamb Registration Template, you can take the FORM home and fill it in with the help of the Official 2013 JAMB brochure and other relevant handy information.
- After filling the JAMB Registration Template, you may then proceed to any of the approved Business Center or Cybercafe nearest to you to fill in your details online.
- Please Remember to collect your JAMB registration scratch card from the business centre/cybercafe after registrations. You will definitely need it later, so keep it in a safe place.
- Candidates should note that Examination Town cannot be changed after you submit your form. Do not make any mistake here!
- You will require a JPEG passport to be scanned or digitized. The passport should not be older than three (3) months.
- Candidates will be required to have a working email address to successfully complete their registration and get additional information from JAMB. You may get a FREE email address from www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com. Both of them are free, Gmail.com may require that you confirm a code. Gmail will call your cell phone number and give you 6 or 7 digit code to enter in a box they will provide, after which your account will be activated.
- Candidates should note that they will NOT be able to change their Names, Date of Birth, Origin and Gender after submitting their application.
Relevant JAMB UTME 2013/2014 links:
Lists Of Authorised Registration Centres:
Search for available Registration Centres/Authorized Cafes in your State of registration
Paper and Pencil Test (PPT), Dual Computer Paper Test (DCPT) and the Computer Based Test (CBT):
JAMB Offers Candidates Three Options for 2013 UTME exams and
JAMB to Commence Computer-Based Test for UTME in 2015
Did you know that Authorised JAMB Registration Centres are supposed to Charge Only N700? And that if you have been charged more than that, you could have them penalized?
Authorised Registration Centres Not Allowed To Charge More Than N700!!
SCAM ALERT!!! Please be informed that JAMB has not authorised any person/individual/agent/affiliate whatsoever to transact on it's behalf with regards to obtaining Access Code. Please DO NOT disclose your Access Code to anyone and disregard any information by means of SMS or email other than that on the official JAMB portal. Necessary information shall be passed via the portal ONLY.