Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: Griffith University
Country to Study in: Australia
Griffith University offers several scholarships and graduate fellowships to help you pay for your tuition and living expenses during your time of study at the university.
International students from Africa, Canada, Denmark, France and Germany are primarily targeted.
The Griffith International Scholarships for Africa are on offer to students from any African nation that are currently residing in Africa and are planning to commence their studies at Griffith University in January or July 2013.
Scholarships will only be available to applicants who:
- are citizens of any African nation, and currently residing in Africa.
- have applied to Griffith University and who satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous tertiary level studies, secondary school level studies and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's Admission Policy for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (coursework) Programs
- will be commencing (not existing) students at Griffith University;
- are enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree program, OR a postgraduate degree program, OR a research/PhD program at Griffith University.
Applications will be assessed on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and personal character.
Citizens of any African nation
Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
Fields of study
All courses offered at the university
Number of awards
Total of eight (8) will be given in 2013. Three (3) will be given in Semester 2
This is a onetime financial aid award
The value of each scholarship is worth $3,000 tuition
In order to receive and maintain the scholarship, the successful awardees will not receive this scholarship until the second semester of their program. To ‘activate’ this award students must, in their first semester of study:
- Maintain a credit average (5.0 on a 7.0 grading scale).
- Have adhered to expected standards of behaviour both within and outside University grounds.
- Have contributed to Griffith University’s International students blog website
Students are only eligible to apply for these scholarships if they have already applied to study at Griffith University and received a letter of offer for their chosen subject.
Applicant selection will be based upon:
- strong academic merit, a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation must be submitted with application;
- demonstrated leadership ability, applications should include at least one professional reference;
- personal character, applications should include at least one reference;
- Applicant's personal statement. The personal statement should include why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
Applications for semester 1/2013 close on 30 November 2012 for students commencing in February 2013. And for semester 2/2013 on 30 April 2013 for students commencing in July 2013.
All applicants must submit a Griffith University Scholarship Application Form. Applications should be sent directly to Griffith International.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by a Griffith University selection panel. The Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) will approve scholarship recipients based on the recommendations of the selection panel.
All scholarship applicants will be advised, in writing, of the outcome of their scholarship application by the 21 December 2012 (semester 1) / 31 May 2013 (semester 2).
Scholarship winners will have until Friday, 18 January 2013 (semester 1) / Friday, 5 July 2013 (semester 2) to accept their scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by this date will be withdrawn by the University. Applicants should review the "Conditions of Award" before accepting their scholarship offer.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2012 / 30 April 2013
Open to International Applicants: Yes(ONLY Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Australia for International Students