Course(s) Offered: Several disciplines
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: MTN Foundation
Country to Study in: Nigeria
MTN Foundation (MTNF), the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of MTN Nigeria, announces its Science and Technology Scholarships Scheme for full-time Nigerian undergraduate students.
The MTNF Scholarship Scheme is aimed at providing academic scholarships annually to a minimum of 500 students on full-time studies in accredited tertiary institutions across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited for the 2015 academic year MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that the awardee provided false information.
Undergraduate students of Nigerian origin
All accredited tertiary institutions (public Universities, Colleges of Education or Polytechnics) across the six geo-political zones of Nigeria
Fields of study
The below-named courses at undergraduate level are eligible:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Minimum of new five hundred (500) awardees will be selected.
Scholarship will also be renewed for the existing 1,380 students who have maintained the minimum required CGPA (or GPA, as the case may be) or their equivalent (second class upper/upper credit)
For the whole duration of the undergraduate degree, subject to academic performance.
MTN Foundation scholarships will be renewed for existing students provided they have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
Financial awards are granted to each successful student to cover tuition, book allowances and stipend for the duration of one academic year.
Method of Application
Applicants have to fill in an online 'Application Form' providing Personal Details (like name, state of origin, school, matric number, GSM etc) and other details. Visit the official website (via the 'MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Application' link below) and click on 'Register Now' to start applications.
All information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable. The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardee provided false information.
The application portal opened on 17th August 2015. Closing date for receipt of all applications is Sunday September 6th 2015
Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to write the aptitude test at designated locations. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as originals and photocopies of specified documents.
Application Deadline: 6 September 2015
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Application(Apply Here)
More Scholarship Information and Application(MTNF Information)
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria