Course(s) Offered: Music
Course Level: Undergraduate (diploma)
Provider: MTN foundation, MUSON
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with The MTN Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the 9th set of the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music for the 2014 - 2015 academic year.
This programme seeks to create positive impact on the Arts and Culture landscape of Nigeria through the development of musical talents.
The programme is targeted at Nigerian students with a flair for music, and it provides them the opportunity to acquire qualitative music education leading to the MUSON Diploma in Music.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Scholarship programme in diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language; OR
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School of Music such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School of Music as above.
Nigerian students with a flair for music
The MUSON School of Music, Lagos; Nigeria. The School is staffed and equipped to meet internationally accepted standards in Music education.
Fields of study
Diploma level course in Music
Number of awards / Sponsorship duration
The sponsorship programme is aimed at providing scholarships to about 220 students over a five year period and a total of 74 students (as at 2012) have graduated on the programme.
The sponsorship support covers the following:
- Book allowance
- Stipend (pocket allowance)
Are you interested and qualified? Candidate's letters of application together with copies of certificates, two (2) passport photographs and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail address should be sent to:
MUSON School of Music
8/9 Marina, Onikan
Examination / Audition / Interview Date:
The examinations will take place from September 1 - 5, 2014 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in music theory at approximately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty jury.
- An aural interview.
All applications should reach the Director, MUSON School of Music on or before 31st July 2014.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Only short listed applicants will be notified and provided with an examination number which permits them to take examinations, audition and interview. Successful candidates from the examinations will then be offered admissions.
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements (please see 'Eligibility' above) but display outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the faculty Jury, may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
The MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF) was established by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria's Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in communities across the country.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to International students: No (ONLY citizens or residents of Nigeria)
More Scholarship Information and Application (MUSON website - 2014/15 Application)
More Scholarship Information and Application (MTNF website)
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria