Course(s) Offered: Engineering fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (
Country to Study in: UK, Ireland, any country (see below)
The IET, licensed by the Engineering Council, accredits programmes that either partially, or fully, meet the educational requirements for Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) registration.
If you achieved a 2:1 or higher in your first degree and are an IET member (or are interested in becoming a member) then why not apply for an IET Postgraduate Scholarship worth up to £10,000?
Submit your nomination by the deadline date below.
To be eligible for an IET scholarship:
- You do not need to apply for a specific scholarship. The Committee will automatically consider you for all scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements;
- The Leslie H Paddle scholarship and the Hudswell International Research scholarship are open to candidates in the first or second year of the research programme (however students must have started the relevant course prior to submitting an application);
- The IET Postgraduate Scholarship for an Outstanding Researcher and the IET Postgraduate Scholarships are open to students in any year of study (however students must have started the relevant course prior to submitting an application);
- An IET award may be held in addition to a Student Loan/EPSRC grant, or similar, and company bursaries.
- You must be (or become) an IET member prior to application for a postgraduate award and you must satisfy the educational requirements for Registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer in the UK;
- All IET postgraduate scholarships are intended to reward excellence rather than alleviate financial hardship;
- The IET does not currently offer scholarships to students undertaking MSc courses.
- IET Postgraduate Scholarship for an outstanding researcher:
One award of £10,000
To assist IET members working towards a doctorate for research in engineering or technology at an internationally recognised university with a high reputation for research...read more information.
- Leslie H Paddle Scholarship:
One award of £ 5,000
Intended for IET members carrying out doctoral research, which will further the art, science or practice of electronic engineering or radio engineering at a university within the UK...read more information.
- Hudswell International Research Scholarship:
One award of £5,000
To assist IET members with advanced research work leading to the award of a doctorate at an internationally recognised university or research establishment with a high reputation for research in the field of electrical, electronic, manufacturing or information engineering. The research programme must be undertaken outside the applicant’s home country. Applicants must be in the first or second year of the research programme...read more information.
- IET Postgraduate Scholarship:
Two awards of £2,500
To assist IET members in undertaking postgraduate research in the UK...read more information.
- Other scholarships supported by the IET:
If you have submitted your dissertation in the general area of control and automation you could apply for the Control and Automation Dissertation Prize. The winner will receive a certificate and a financial award of £500...read more information.
Any internationally recognized university or research establishment with a high reputation in the field of engineering. Depending on the scholarship award, it may be outside the applicant’s home country, UK or Ireland
Fields of study
Any field of engineering as indicated above (see 'Eligible groups / Number of awards')
Awards are usually for the duration of the various academic endeavor
The IET Postgraduate Scholarship is worth up to £10,000
Method of Application
- Forward the reference form to your referee for completion. Note that the reference must be submitted to the IET by your referee (and not yourself). Your referee should ideally be someone who is in a position to comment on your academic ability (e.g. a college tutor) or, where this is not possible, an employer;
- The completed reference should be emailed to the IET at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline;
- Applications should be made by clicking the link on the right to register; you will then receive an email informing you how to submit your application.
The application form, reference and all supporting documents must be received by the application closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To help you complete your undergraduate application, see link below.
- For further information about the IET Ambition Awards, please contact us.
- For enquiries on how to enter:
Tel: +44 (0)1438 767394
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application