Study subjects: Any field
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Scholarship Provider: University of Surrey
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
The University of Surrey High Performance Athlete Support Scheme (HPASS) is designed to assist talented student athletes fulfill their sporting potential whilst achieving academic excellence.
The HPASS aims to provide individually tailored, practical solutions and services to students that are both specific to their sport and academic situation. All sports are different and this is reflected in our approach to providing your support.
Places on the HPASS Scheme are available to undergraduate and postgraduate applicants of outstanding sporting ability along with current students who meet the necessary criteria.
Athletes will be able to show evidence of current performance at national or international but applications are also welcome from those who have played high level sport and demonstrate potential to reach the above standards.
HPASS offers are only made to students who have gained an offer of a place or normal admission to a course based on their academic qualifications. However, it is not necessary to wait for an offer of a place before submitting your registration of interest.
Outstanding performers from any sport will be considered but an emphasis is placed on the following Performance Sports:
University of Surrey in Surrey, UK
Fields of study
All undergraduate and postgraduate applicants to any field available at the university
Number of awards
The following services will be available to all HPASS students:
- Free access to all facilities at Surrey Sports Park
- Individual strength and conditioning program
- Physiotherapy and sports massage
- Physiological assessments and advice through Surrey Human Performance Institute
- Regular workshops on a range of subjects including strength and conditioning, lifestyle, injury prevention, sports nutrition and psychology
- Nutritional analysis and sports psychology support
- A dedicated performance manager
Successful applicants will be eligible to receive £2,000 worth of athlete services along with a cash bursary of £1,000.
- No special reduction in entry criteria is offered as part of the sports scholarship, nor does the offer of a scholarship carry with it an offer of a place. Please note that an offer of a place on the HPAS Scheme will not allow you to gain entry to the University if you fail to meet your offered entry grades or tariff points.
- There is no support offered through the HPASS Scheme to help finance tuition, accommodation or international fees. Our performance manager will work closely with you to help to accommodate your training and performance needs however, no dispensation is offered from the normal course requirements in terms of assessment, progression or final degree classification.
To be considered for the 2012 – 2013 High Performance Athlete Support Scheme please download and complete the form below and return as instructed. All applications must be received by Friday 31 August 2012 for entry in the 2012/13 academic year.
Download the 2012-13 HPASS Application Form here (pdf)
- The Performance Sport team will meet following the closing date to short-list applications and award places on the scheme. If successful, applicants will be notified in writing before the end of September and will be invited to attend the HPASS meeting during the week following Freshers Week.
- If your decision to enrol on a University of Surrey course is dependent on acceptance on to the High Performance Scheme, please contact Mark Garfoot, Performance Sport Manager to discuss the course you intend to follow and the status of your application.
Applicants should ensure they make direct contact with the Performance Sport Manager:
Performance Sport Manager
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 682133
Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday 31 August 2012
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application