Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors)
Provider: Rivers State Government
Country to Study in: UK, USA, Canada, China, India
The Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency (RSSDA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for selection in the "State Government Special Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship Programme" for 2013/2014 session.
Human Capital Development is one of the cores of the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency (RSSDA). It is geared towards improving the human capital base of Rivers indigenes (and also non-indigenes in many cases) through target programmes, which include the Overseas undergraduate scholarship, Overseas postgraduate scholarship, ICT training, Greater Horizon and Opportunities Programme, Overseas Technical Training programme etc.
Eligibility (Who Should Apply)
For Rivers Indigenes:
- Must be of Rivers State Origin (Should submit a copy of LGA identification)
- Not above 21 years of age. (Confirmation of age preferably by birth certificate)
- A minimum of five (5) WASCE credits relevant to intended course of study. (NECO not acceptable)
- Must not be on a degree awarding programme or its equivalent
- Must submit a copy of LGA identification.
- Applications are also welcome from children/wards of taxpaying non indigenes that have been resident in Rivers State for a minimum of 10years.
- In addition to the credentials mentioned above, 3 years tax clearance certificate and primary school certificate should be submitted alongside the application.
Undergraduate students of both Rivers and non-Rivers origin, so far the latter are children/wards of taxpaying non-indigenes that have been resident in Rivers state for a minimum of 10 years
Fields of study
Available courses include:
- Engineering (including Agric. Engineering, Architecture)
- Medical Sciences
- Computer Related Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Town/Regional Planning
Amount Spent on Each Student covers the following:
- Air Fare
- Tuition (School, Lab, Books, etc)
- Accommodation (Halls of Residence within the school; Private apartments outside the School)
- Monthly Upkeep
A). Online Applications:
Applicants can apply online at www.rssda.org
B). Manual Applications:
Application Forms can be downloaded from our website.
Application Forms can also be collected and submitted at designated points in the Local Government Council Secretariat nearest to the candidates.
Candidates are required to register their name and sign in the notebook provided at the submission centers (for manual submission of forms only).
Candidates are advised to ensure that active contact phone number(s) and/or email addresses are stated on the application forms.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through SMS, emails or notices posted on www.rssda.org and in all Local Government Council Secretariats.
Originals of credentials will be sighted during the screening of shortlisted candidates.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information.
Entries Open: November 30th, 2012
Entries Close: December 31st, 2012
Photocopies are acceptable.
Please note that the forms are not for sale!!!
To apply now, click here.
For further enquiries contact:
The Media and Communications Department,
1 Igbodo Street, Old G.R.A.,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Or, fill in our online contact page.
Application Deadline: 31 December, 2012
Open to International students: No(ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(current website)
Related: RSSDA Postgraduate Overseas Scholarship Programme