Course(s) Offered: Medicine, Engineering
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Chevron Oil & Gas
Country to Study in: Nigeria
Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, a Chevron company and operator of the Agbami Field, in its continuous support for capacity building in the health and engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students of ALL the states of the Federation.
The scholarship program, the Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship (AMEPS), funded by Star Deep and its Agbami partners, is a major component of the Agbami partners' Social Investment in the strategic development of health and education in Nigeria and the Niger Delta in particular.
The Agbami partner's strategic support for health development is a three-pronged approach of health infrastructural development, support for basic science education and training of medical professionals through this scholarship program.
Eligibility (Scholarship Grant Criteria)
Applications are invited from FULL-TIME 100 and 200 level undergraduates from any state of the Federation, studying any of the under listed courses in universities or other relevant institutions within Nigeria.
Please see 'Fields of study' below for list of approved courses.
Citizens of ANY state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the FCT
All recognized institutions of higher learning in Nigeria including State, Federal and Private Universities
Fields of study (Eligible Courses):
Approved fields of study are:
- Engineering (All Fields)
Not specified by provider
Scholarship winners will be awarded a one-off financial aid. Please inquire specific details from the provider/sponsor
Method of Application
Application is open to fresh candidates.
Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O' Level result
- JAMB Result
Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should visit the official website (link to it is below) and follow the step-by-step procedure as outlined below:
- Click on "Apply Now" tab.
- Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on www.scholastica.ng/Schemes/Agbami to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click "Apply Now" to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN):
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres across Nigeria (see www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm) to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to www.scholastica.ng/Schemes/Agbami and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
This application is for only Fresh Applicants, current beneficiaries from previous Agbami Schemes should kindly click www.scholastica.ng
Eligible applicants should proceed to apply. Application closes Midnight 28th February, 2014
Interested applicants should click on the "How it works" tab located on the official website (link to it is below) to proceed.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Agbami Field is an oil field in Nigeria. Discovered in late 1998, it was the second major deep-water oil field discovered off the Niger Delta, the first being Bonga Field by Shell.
The operator of the field is Star Deep Water Limited, an affiliate of Chevron. Also involved in the field are Famfa Oil, an indigenous oil company owned by the Alakija Family of Lagos, Petrobras (Brazil), Statoil, and NNPC (the national oil company of Nigeria).
Contact email: email@example.com
Phone number: 07088609791, 07011962033
For enquiries and complaints log on to your Scholastica Profile at www.scholastica.ng
Application Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application (Current site)
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians