Course(s) Offered: Development Strategy and Governance
Course Level: Postdoctoral
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Post Doctoral Fellow / Research Fellow for a two (2) year, fixed term, renewable appointment for its Development Strategy and Governance Division.
The position reports to the director of the Development Strategy and Governance Division and is based at IFPRI-Abuja office located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, Pubic Policy, Social Science or closely related field.
- Demonstrated research experience in policy analysis and policy recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform critical analyses of own as well as existing research
- Experience in developing, managing and/or reporting on project budgets.
- Willingness to travel extensively as required
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with demonstrated excellence in written and oral presentations.
- Demonstrated computer literacy (PC and Microsoft Applications).
- Demonstrated capacity to produce good publications record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural setting with other researchers and collaborators.
- 3-7 years of post PhD experience gained in relevant employment.
- Good publications record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural setting with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research & capacity strengthening
- Demonstrated interaction and participation in professional networks in economics or related field.
- Experience in identifying funding prospects and developing project proposals.
- Experience supervising and/or coordinating research support staff desirable.
Citizens of any country can apply
The International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, DC; USA
Fields of study
Fields of Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, Pubic Policy, Social Science or closely related field
For a two (2) year, fixed term. Position is a renewable appointment
Method of Application
You may download the Position Guidelines and Information. To apply, visit the official website via the link that has been provided below.
The Scholarship Application Deadline is 23-10-2011
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. Women and developing country professionals are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 23 October 2011
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application