Course(s) Offered: Medicine (dermatology)
Course Level: Fellowship (residency)
Country to Study in: Any country
The International Society of Dermatology (ISD), through the Maria M. Duran Committee, offers the Maria Duran Fellowship to female resident doctors in Dermatology, particularly those in third world countries.
The 2017 Maria Duran Fellowship Application will be for the ISD meeting scheduled as follows:
- Meeting: XII International Congress of Dermatology
- Place: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dates: April 18-22, 2017
The following criteria apply to all applicants:
- Female residents in dermatology or within one year of training completion/board examinations.
- Preference will be given to those from third world countries.
- Preference will be given to those living closer to the location of the ISD meeting.
- A Letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant’s training program and a letter from the applicant's local/ regional/national dermatologic society.
- Preference given to those under the age of 35 years at the time of the meeting (copy of passport)
- Proficiency in English to deliver presentation at the meeting (date and time to be determined).
- Agreement to prepare a report for the IJD about the meeting she attended.
- Applicants must prepare a budget for submission with the application.
Citizens of ALL developing countries (the international dermatologic community)
International Society of Dermatology (ISD)
Number of awards
One to two fellowships each year
Dates for the 2017 event: April 18-22, 2017
Fellowships of up to US $1000 each year to attend an ISD meeting where she will present a poster or oral presentation and registration fees to that meeting will be waived/paid.
Method of Application
All applications must be made online on the official website.
You must submit an abstract with your application. An application that includes a copy of the abstract, must be completed on the official website. Other relevant information required will include: Letter of endorsement, Description of why you would like to attend the meeting, Brief budget, and Brief biography (not a complete CV).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information and also to access the online application form.
The deadline for submission of all 2017 applications is October 1, 2016
The International Society of Dermatology was founded by Drs. Aldo Castellani and Frederick Reiss in 1959. The organization was initially the "International Society of Tropical Dermatology". The Society had a particular interest in global dermatology and tropical skin diseases but also had a broad interest in all aspects of dermatology as basic sciences, venereology and public health and in teaching dermatology in developing countries. Membership was open to all physicians with an interest in tropical medicine.
Application Deadline: 1 October 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships for Medical Students and Doctors