Course(s) Offered: Courses offered by the university
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Iowa State University
Country to Study in: USA
Please Note: This Scholarship Is Now the Iowa State International Merit Scholarships.
International Student Ambassador Scholarships are awarded to students with exceptional leadership qualities and a desire to positively represent both their home country and Iowa State University to prospective students.
Incoming freshmen and transfer students are eligible to apply.
Citizens of all countries i.e. international students
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa; USA
Fields of study
Any field of study offered at the participating university
Number of awards
Throughout the duration of the program. However, note that the following criteria must be maintained to keep the scholarship until graduation:
- Serve as International Student Ambassador for at least one semester
- 2.0 cumulative GPA at ISU
- Full-time enrollment (summers not included)
- Assessed non-resident tuition
|Leadership||Up to $4,000/year (renewable)|
Method of Application
If you are eligible and want to apply to this scholarship, you must follow these steps:
- Apply for admission. (You cannot be considered for this scholarship unless you are admitted to Iowa State University.)
- Submit a one-page essay describing experiences you have had in leadership, community service, volunteerism, and why you are interested in assisting Iowa State University with international recruitment activities.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Send the essay and letter via email to email@example.com with the subject line Attention: International Scholarship Selection Committee.
The Deadlines dates are as follows: April 1st for Summer and Fall Entry terms AND October 1st for Spring Entry term.
There is no GPA or SAT requirement; however, higher academic backgrounds may result in higher scholarship awards.
Inquiries? Please Contact:
Office of Admissions, Iowa State University, 100 Enrollment Services Center, Ames, IA 50011-2011.
Phone: 515 294-5836 | 800 262-3810 (toll free), Fax: 515 294-2592
Application Deadline: 1 April / 1 October 2013
Open for International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application