Study Subjects: Priority Fields for Nigeria (see below)
Study Level: Postgraduate (masters, PGD)
Scholarship Provider: Australian Government
Scholarships can be taken at: Australia
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) in Africa provide scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students (and other selected African Countries) to undertake Postgraduate diploma or Masters degree programs in Australia.
This program does not currently include undergraduate or doctorate studies. Under the Australia Awards program in Africa, Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are available for full-time Postgraduate Diploma or Master degree studies at Australian universities.
The Australian government has approved all institutions that are participating in the ADS program, so students can be confident they will receive the same high quality education at whichever institution they choose. Female candidates and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following requirements set out in the Desired Applicant Profile (DAP) for Nigeria:
Coordinating Authority for Nigeria
Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation of Nigeria (Abuja)
Target (Eligible) Group
- You are a national of Nigeria.
- You are an early or mid-career professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non-Government Organisation (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You wish to undertake a Masters degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study. You cannot study a Masters of Business Administration.
- You have a clear vision for how you will use the knowledge gained through the Masters degree to improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study.
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men. Applications from women are strongly encouraged, and mechanisms are in place to support women applicants and Awardees.
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship. Applications from people with a disability are strongly encouraged. Mechanisms are in place to support applicants and Awardees requiring specific assistance.
To be eligible:
- You must not be more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australian Development Scholarships (attached)
All approved institutions of higher learning in Australia
Fields of study
Current Priority Fields:
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Health (including HIV/AIDS)
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
To submit an electronic application:
- Click on the link below “Click here to apply”
- Register your personal details and click on “Request Application”
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your details
- Once you have confirmed your details, the system will automatically send you an electronic application form via email
- The Application Form is an Acrobat document that you may save on your local computer or another device and complete offline.
- When you have completed your application form, email the form and all supporting documentation to email@example.com. You may send as many emails as needed, provided you send the emails from the same email address.
- If you experience any difficulties with the online application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK TO APPLY
Hard Copy applications:
- If you cannot use the on line application process please complete the attached hard copy application form. Download the hardcopy application form here
- Hard Copy applications should be couriered to the relevant AAA Office Courier Address as indicated in the application form, however applicants are encouraged to submit an electronic application.
- In the event that you encounter problems with completing the e-form or you are unable to send the hard copy application form via courier, please scan and email your completed application form and all supporting documents to email@example.com. If you use this method of submission, please ensure that each attachment is labelled as follows: File Name_Your Name. (E.g. J Doe_Academic Transcripts)
Application forms and all supporting documents should be completed and submitted by 14 December 2012. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications earlier than this date, if possible.
If you experience any difficulties with the online application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 14 December, 2012 (every year)
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
Resource: Information Pack for Applicants for Masters Awards 2014 Intake – in English (Word format) (PDF format)
More Scholarship Information and Application