Study Subject(s): Engineering Education
Course Level: PhD
Scholarship Provider: Utah State University
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
I am looking for university students, or university teachers, or engineers who have interest in engineering education research and who:
- Have a master’s degree in an engineering discipline (preferred in mechanical or civil engineering, but other engineering disciplines will also be considered) by August 2011; Or: have a BS degree in an engineering discipline and an MS degree in any other discipline by August 2011.
- Meet the English requirements: GRE: minimum 40th percentile on the verbal, quantitative, and writing tests. You MUST have GRE scores included in your application package. No exception.
- The GPA (or equivalent) should be a 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher on the last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits.
- Teaching experience and publication are preferred but not required.
Engineering Education — a new emerging discipline — grows rapidly in recent years in parallel to traditional engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. In the College of Engineering at Utah State University (http://www.ete.usu.edu), a top 4% Research Extensive University in the U.S., a brand new PhD in Engineering Education program was recently created. The graduate students come with various engineering background but sharing a common interest in Research in Engineering Education, such as studying how students learn engineering and how various new instructional strategies (such as computer simulation and multimedia) can help students better learn engineering.
What benefits will you have?
- Full, Competitive Graduate Research Assistantship
- Tuition Waiver & Health Insurance
- A PhD in Engineering Education degree in as soon as 3 years
- Job markets after graduation, among others,
- University/college faculty member
- University/college/school administrator
- Government/company/organization education officer
How to Apply: Online
Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact Employer
Further Scholarship Information and Application