Program(s) Offered: Medicine (Cartilage Repair, Tissue Engineering)
Program Level: Educational events
Provider: ICRS Switzerland
Country to Travel to: Any country
The International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) provides support to ICRS Members (resident doctors, student fellows and young investigators) towards their individual travel expenses for attending an ICRS educational event - currently the 2016 World Congress.
The ICRS was founded in 1997 in Switzerland and is a unique forum for international collaboration in cartilaginous tissue research by bringing together clinicians, clinical researchers and basic scientists.
Young ICRS Members from developing countries and interested in all fields of cartilage repair and tissue engineering are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be notified of acceptance in due time.
To qualify, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Candidates are ICRS Members in good standing
- Candidates are below age 40
- Candidates from newly industrializing (emerging) Countries preferred
- Candidate must have at least 1 accepted abstract for the current programme (#ICRS16, Sorrento – Italy for 2016)
- Candidates must not have been benefited previously from the same programme
Citizens of Developing Countries
Fields of study
Educational events approved by the ICRS
For 2016, this is the ICRS World Congress holding at Sorrento-Naples, Italy
Number of awards
There are up to 10 candidates per event
The ICRS World Congress is held every 18 months
Individual travel expenses up to a maximum of Euros 500.00
Method of Application
Please send your application with the following documents (application in one single PDF-file only) to email@example.com
- Letter of motivation with Career Goals
- Letter from head of department supporting your application
- Copy of the abstract (or proof of acceptance) submitted online for ICRS 2016 Italy.
- Brief CV (not more than 2 pages), including information on date of birth, sex, current and past affiliation, degrees, awards, and research interests
- List of publications of last 5 years with title and journal references
Application should be received latest by June 05, 2016 23:59 CEST
The International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) was founded in 1997 in Switzerland following the International Fribourg Symposium on Cartilage Repair. ICRS has now members from over 67 countries who attend the ICRS World Congress, which is held every 18 months.
The ICRS is a unique forum for international collaboration in cartilaginous tissue research by bringing together clinicians, clinical researchers and basic scientists, engaged or interested in the field of cartilage biology, imaging, cartilaginous tissue engineering and translational clinical approaches to treatment of cartilage pathologies.
Application Deadline: 5 June 2016
Open for International Students: Yes
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Medicine & Surgery for international Students