Course(s) Offered: All courses
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Country to Study in: USA
East Tennessee State University, ETSU, offers merit scholarships, the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship, to international students.
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree at the university.
The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. No additional fees or costs are covered.
Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Submit a recommendation form
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
Recipients must maintain full-time status.
Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Citizens of ALL countries are eligible to apply.
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee; USA
Fields of study
All undergraduate level and postgraduate level fields of study are eligible
Number of awards
Not specified by the provider
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master's degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
Method of Application
Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed. (Please see the admissions page).
Thereafter, you must: Submit a recommendation form AND Fill out the Scholarship Application Form. Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the deadline dates below.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship.
The deadline dates for submission of all applications and document are as follows:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 15th
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university.
The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2016
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in the USA for International Students