Course Offered: Medicine
Course Level: Graduate or equivalent
Provider: University Of Pavia
Country to be taken in: Italy
In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and Fondazione Cariplo (IDEAS Project) offer, for the academic year 2010-2011, one Visiting Scholarship for two months period of residence in Pavia.
Scholarship is designed for postgraduate students, medical officers, clinical officers or equivalent degrees coming from:
- Hôpital Général d’Ayamé (République de Côte d’Ivoire);
- St.Mary's Hospital, Lacor (Republic of Uganda);
- Mtendere Mission Hospital, Chirundu (Republic of Zambia);
- Hôpital Régional de Ziguinchor (République du Sénégal);
- Université Catholique de Bukavu (République Démocratique du Congo).
Terms and Conditions:
The scholarship will be assigned according to the following modalities:
- Successful candidate will confirm acceptance of the scholarship and of its conditions within 15 days from receiving the communication. If the candidates will fail to confirm their acceptance, scholarship will be shifted to the following candidate in rank;
- Once received the declaration of acceptance of the scholarship, the University of Pavia will:
- Organise the travel according to candidate’s indications, taking care of all related expenses. Visa requirements will be care of the candidate
- Arrange accommodation in one of the University Residences;
- Provide a card for meals at University canteens;
- Guarantee all the facilities required during the period of residence - libraries, computer facilities etc., including all the services of the Department and Faculty which the scholar is associated with.
Postgraduate students, medical officers, clinical officers or equivalent degrees from the hospitals
University of Pavia and Fondazione Cariplo
Fields of study
Medicine and related field
The scholarship will cover visa, travel (economy class), third parties insurance, board and lodging expenses.
Except for the travel cost, all the other costs (VISA, Accidents and third-parties insurance, Health insurance, Room and board expenses) will be at student’s own expense.
Method of Application
Each candidate’s application must include:
- Application Form;
- A letter detailing the Faculty and the Department with which he/she would like to be associated with, and the professor or researcher with whom he/she intends to collaborate;
- curriculum vitae;
- programme of studies which the candidate intends to implement during his/her stay in Pavia;
- endorsement letter signed by the legal representative of one of the above listed Hospitals/Universities;
- medical certification that the applicant is not suffering of physical or mental illnesses;
- photocopy of the passport.
Applications must be submitted either by mail or e-mail by the 27 June 2011 at the UFFICIO ARCHIVIO e PROTOCOLLO -Università degli Studi di Pavia, Via Mentana, 4 - Piano Terra - 27100 Pavia, ITALY- Email: email@example.com
Evaluation and Selection:
Scholarship will be awarded by an ad hoc Committee composed by the Pro-Rector for International Relations and by two members designated by the Rector of the University of Pavia. Committee’s decision will be final and will be transmitted to the successful applicant by the 4 July 2011.
Any further information request be addresses at:
International Relations Office
Tel: +39 03 82 98 46 94
Fax: +39 03 82 98 46 95
Application Deadline: 27 June 2011
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Exchange Program for UNIPV Students in African Hospitals / Universities