Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (all degree programs)
Provider: SPDC Joint Venture
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC Joint Venture for the full duration of their course.
Launched in 1960, this post-secondary scheme is open to all Nigerians studying degree programmes in Nigerian universities. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve skills-base among young Nigerians. SPDC is the operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture.
The scholarship is offered in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
WHO CAN APPLY?
- For National Merit Award (NM) --- Open to ALL Nigerians.
- For Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM) --- Opens to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC's operational ares in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2015/2016 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
Citizens of Nigeria
All accredited and approved Nigerian universities and institutions of higher learning
Fields of study
Any undergraduate level course of study offered at participating institutions
Number of awards
Several - but specific number not specified by provider
For the complete and full duration of the successful applicant's course
Opportunity to study with an annual grant for the full duration of your course
Method of Application
1). All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
2). Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com, provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
Applications should be submitted online before Friday 2nd December, 2016. Application for the 2016/2017 University Scholarship Award now extended and closes on December 31 2016.
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge. Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
SPDC’s scholarship programmes are as advertised in national newspapers and on the company website www.shell.com.ng wherein prospective candidates are advised on the medium of submission of applications. These applications are then processed by SPDC and the outcome communicated directly to the candidates.
Please be guided accordingly
Application Deadline: 2 December 2016 (NOW 31 Dec 2016)
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians