Course(s) Offered: All disciplines
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Kingston University
Country to Study in: UK
Every year, Kingston University (Kingston, or KUL) offers the Kingston University Undergraduate scholarships to prospective full-time undergraduate international students in any subject area to encourage academic excellence, increase diversity of student population, and develop relationships.
The scholarships will be awarded for each year of a three-year course subject to the satisfactory progress of the student. Foundation degree students (first year entry only) are also eligible for the scholarships.
Scholarships are offered for international undergraduate students for September entry; and scholarship applications for September 2016 entry opened in mid-February 2016.
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes);
- have an offer of a place on an undergraduate degree course or foundation degree course at Kingston for 2016/17 entry (first year entry only); and
- are not currently registered on an undergraduate course at Kingston University.
Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit;
- what you expect to gain from the course you are taking; and
- what you intend to do after completing the course.
Citizens of ALL countries of the world can apply
Kingston University, London; United Kingdom (UK)
Fields of study
All undergraduate level courses and fields of human endeavor offered at the university
Number of awards
Up to ten scholarships are offered for international undergraduate students for September entry
Awards are for the duration of the undergraduate course -- for a three-year course, it is offered for every year of that programme subject to satisfactory progress. Foundation degree students (first year entry only) are also eligible for the scholarships
Kingston University international scholarships are PARTIAL scholarships, each worth £4,000 per year of study. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
Other benefits that accrue to you as one of the Kingston University scholars is that you'll belong to a group of some of the University's best students, with access to senior staff and special events, giving you the opportunity to benefit from many other aspects. These include:
- attending annual scholars' events at historical locations often attended by senior staff, academics and the Mayor of Kingston upon Thames;
- boosting your career prospects through valuable networking opportunities;
- belonging to the University's special alumni group for scholars and meeting other scholars from around the world;
- impressing future employers with your award; AND
- being a valued student ambassador for Kingston with opportunities to contribute to some of Kingston University's marketing material and in-country activities.
Remember that the scholarships application procedure is separate from the admissions application procedure. You apply for the international scholarship via the University online system and you'll need electronic copies of required documents (i.e. copies of your Kingston University offer letter, academic reference letter, academic transcript/worksheet, and Academic IELTS or TOEFL result (where applicable)) to attach to your application. Before you begin your application, please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria (as outlined above).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship and also to access the online application portal during the scholarships applications period (i.e. mid-february until May ending).
Scholarship applications for September 2016 entry opened in mid-February 2016. In the past, deadline dates have usually been on the 31st of May of the intake year. You can apply for September 2016 entry scholarships until 31st May 2016.
Strictly, the University CANNOT consider applications received after the deadline.
It is important to note that Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship or bursary without prior notification. Scholarships and bursaries are offered subject to funding and availability.
Kingston University (informally Kingston or KUL; formerly styled Kingston University London) is a public research university located in Kingston upon Thames, southwest London, United Kingdom. It was originally founded in 1899 and became a university in 1992. Campuses are located in Kingston and Roehampton.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarships in Canada for International Students