Study Subject: Economics/Agro-Economics
Employer: Africa Rice Center
Level: Holding a Masters Degree
Under the general supervision of the Head of Program 4 and the direct supervision of the Agricultural Economist in Dar es Salaam, the Research Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
The Research Assistant will be a part of a multi-disciplinary research team with a common goal of and responsible for working to sustain and improve the productivity of and competitivity of rice-based production systems in Africa consistent with Africa Rice Center’s mission and mandate. He/she will assist the program leader in conducting research within the team with the specific tasks that include, but not limited to:
- Assist to generate profiles of rice-based production systems in key ecologies along the upland-lowland continuum in Africa.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and constraints to improving performance of the rice based systems.
- Assist in developing crop budgets and farm models to assess and identify optimal production and resource allocation decisions in rice-based systems along the upland -lowland continuum.
- Assist in socio-economic assessment of improved and appropriate technologies for rice-based production systems along& the upland – lowland continuum.
- Assisting in the preparation of supports for scientific presentations;
- Assisting in the development of documents for meetings and other events;
- Assisting in the preparation of training programs;
- Participating in training workshops for National Research System partners on survey design, implementation and impact assessment tools and methods.
- Assisting in the drafting of scientific publications;
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisors.
Further Scholarship Information and Application