Course(s) Offered: Medicine, Health (public health, nursing, etc)
Course Level: Training (Doctors, Health Professionals)
Country to Study in: India, Thailand, Australia, etc
The World Health Organization (WHO) offers the WHO Fellowship Programme. And the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, of the Government of India (GOI) has been training doctors and other health professionals under this programme.
The WHO-GOI Fellowships is meant for training qualified medical and health professionals in various prestigious institutions within the country of India and abroad.
The Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, therefore, invite applications from suitably qualified applicants for the 2010-2011 WHO Fellowship Programme.
Who can apply?
Government doctors and other health professionals working in the health sector in Central/ States health establishments/ PHCs/ CHCs duly recommended by respective cadre controlling authority.
General conditions for the grant of WHO fellowships:
- The applicant should be in employment of Central Governmentor Governments of State / Union Territories or public sector undertakings of centre / state.
- The applicant should have completed 5 years of government service on 1.1.2010.(House Surgeonship, Junior Residency, Senior Residency,Pool Officer etc will not be considered for calculating five years of government service for this purpose.)
- The applicant should be less than 50 years of age on 1.1.2010.
- The applicant should not have nominated / availed training under WHO Fellowship during the last five years (from 1.1.2005 to 31.12.2009).
- The applicant must be ready to serve his / her organization for at least four years after his / her training under this Fellowship programme.
Citizens of India
Prestigious training institutions both within India and outside India such as Thailand and Australia
Fields of study
Various specialties in the medical and healthcare fields
Number of awards
Funding is for the entire duration of the programmes
The cost value of the fellowship is Rs. 50,000
Method of Application
To apply, you must fill in the required application form. You can download the form from the official website. It is requested to issue necessary direction to the concerned supervisory / controlling authorities so that the applications are forwarded in time. Applications received after due date will NOT be entertained. In case of selection, the applications may have to be relieved as per the requirements of the course.
It is important to carefully read through the application instructions and visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply. Download application instructions and application form here(pdf).
The last day for submission of filled in application forms through proper channel is 21.02.2011
All applications to be sent to:
International Health Division,
Department of Health,
Room A 648, 'A' Wing,
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110108
Envelopes may clearly state whether the training is being sought in In-Country or Abroad category.
Application Deadline: 21 February 2011
Open to International Students: No
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in India for International Students