Course(s) Offered: Growth and Employment, Climate Variability and Natural Resource, Management Governance
Course Level: Graduate research
Provider: Denmark Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Country to Work in:
Research institutes and universities in the private and public sectors throughout Ghana are hereby invited to forward applications for joint research projects under the Ghana-Denmark 2011 Pilot Research Cooperation Program (PRCP).
The main objective of the PRCP is to promote research and develop institutional capacity among Ghanaian research institutions and universities within the national research priorities of Ghana.
The application should be elaborated based on a specific Application Form (see below) and should take the following into account:
- The project description should be sufficiently clear, focused and stringent and should be manageable within the prescribed project period; In being focused and realistic, the proposed project ought not to be overambitious; A clearly identified problem area that requires an research effort should be specified;
- There must be an element of applied research clearly featured and incorporated in the Application;
- The objectives and research hypotheses must be clearly defined;
- The project description should include adequate elaboration of method and methodology, project management and organization. It is important that the project be manageable also in terms of the number of involved research institutions and partners. Too many institutions and partners should be avoided;
- The Application Form must contain considerations about capacity development, which must be detailed and include training of PhD and/or Master students; Dissemination of research results and expected impact on policy should be specified;
- The relevance of the proposed project to development assistance within the selected topic of research should be justified; It will be considered a strength if the proposed project is multidisciplinary, i.e. includes elements of cooperation with other science research areas, for instance by bridging between natural and social sciences;
- The project should be sufficiently novel in objective or scope, in providing new knowledge and innovative results rather than being a continuation of ongoing research or ongoing development projects. It will thus be considered a strength if the proposed project is testing new ground instead of addressing conventional wisdom;
- The project should avoid being too descriptive and instrumentally directed and thereby running the risk of being more a development project/consultancy work than an analytically oriented research project; The project should be linked to the relevant research environment in the country of the applicant
Research institutes and universities in Ghana in the private and public sectors
Fields of study
Eligible areas for research are Growth and Employment, Climate Variability and Natural Resource, AND Management Governance
The Denmark Ministry of Foreign Affairs will offer Research Funding for research institutes and universities in the private and public sectors throughout Ghana. This is a Research Collaboration between Ghana and Denmark.
Method of Application
The application should be elaborated based on a specific Application Form. Visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information and access the Application form.
Submit all applications and the documents requested on or before March 15, 2011.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2011
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Ghanians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Country for International Students