Course(s) Offered: Sciences
Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Provider: Science@Leuven Fund
Country to Study in: Belgium
The Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven and its Alumni Association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
Motivated and talented international students, interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for this scholarship. Registrations for 2016/2017 session started 1 November 2015 and will end 31 January 2016.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT EEA students, including Belgians, i.e. International/non-EEA students)
Faculty of Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) in Belgium
Fields of study
All approved 'International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science' at K.U. Leuven, including:
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biology
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
- Interuniversity Master of Geology
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
- Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
See the complete list of Programmes you can apply for with the Science@Leuven Scholarship for more details.
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued for students having had outstanding results the first master year.
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10,000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be.
The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Method of Application
All applicants go through the admission procedure of the Master Programme of their choice. Only students admitted to a Master Programme of the Faculty of Science are considered for this scholarship.
The application procedure include:
- Applicants have to apply for the master programme of their choice through the 'Application Form' of the International Office.
- The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- After having completed the application form of the International Office, applicants register through the website of the Scholarship. The id-account asked is the same account as on the application form of the International Office.
- Additionally to the information required by the International Office, the applicants also upload other required information through their application form of the International Office (see the complete requirements on the official website)
Students have to register both through International Office and the official website to be considered for selection.
It is IMPORTANT to visit the official website through the link provided below for complete information on this scholarship, including details of Selection Procedure, and how to apply.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before the 31st of January will be considered for the scholarship.
In applying for the scholarship, only applicants registered with the International Office AND on the official website will be considered for the scholarship. Only applicants with a complete file will be considered.
If a student is awarded the full scholarship of €10,000 it is still advisable to bring some extra money.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium.
The University of Leuven was founded at the centre of the historic town of Leuven in 1425, making it Belgium's first university. After being closed in 1797 during the Napoleonic period, the Catholic University of Leuven was "re-founded" in 1834, and is frequently, but controversially, identified as a continuation of the older institution. In 1968 the Catholic University of Leuven split into the Dutch-language Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and the French-language Université catholique de Louvain, which moved to Louvain-la-Neuve in Wallonia. Since the fifteenth century, Louvain, as it is still often called, has been a major contributor to the development of Catholic theology. It is considered the oldest Catholic university still in existence.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2016
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarship in Belgium for International Students