Scholarship and Training Grants
Course(s) Offered: Diving-related
Course Level: Scholarship, Training Grant
Country to Study in: USA, Worldwide
The Women Divers Hall of Fame™ (WDHOF) provides educational, mentorship, financial, and career opportunities to the diving community throughout the world.
Each year, WDHOF awards scholarships and training grants that provide financial and educational support to individuals of all ages, particularly those who are preparing for professional careers that involve diving.
Scholarships are offered in dive medicine, marine conservation, marine biology, underwater archaeology, marine education, journalism, graphic arts, or photography. Training grants provide funding for diver and related underwater training and, for some awards, scuba equipment (after dive training has been completed).
This scholarship scheme is open to women of all ages.
Scholarships awarded include:
- Instructor Advanced Education Scholarship,
- NAUI Scuba Leadership Grant,
- Marine Conservation Scholarships,
- Undergraduate Marine Research Internship,
- Cecelia Connelly Memorial Scholarships in Underwater Archaeology,
- Elizabeth Greenhalgh Memorial Scholarship in Journalism, Graphic Arts, or Photography Scholarship;
- WDHOF Scholarship in Marine or Underwater Education;
- Lifeguard Systems Public Safety Diving Scholarship;
- DAN/R.W. (Bill) Hamilton Memorial Dive Medicine Research Grant;
- Morgan/O’Neill Underwater Photography Grant;
- Basic Dive Training Grants;
- Advanced Dive Training Grants;
- Amelia Behrens-Furniss Memorial Hardhat Dive Training Grant;
- Code Blue Education Ltd Diver Medic Training Grant;
- Hugh Fletcher Memorial Disabled Diver Training Grant; AND
- Women’s Scuba Association Dive Training Grant for Students in ROTC, JROTC, Military Academy, Sea Cadets or Sea Scouts
Citizens of ALL countries
Accredited institutions across the world
Fields of study
Scholarships and training grants are offered under the following categories:
- Instructor Advanced Education (New This Year)
- Scuba Leadership Training (New This Year)
- Marine Conservation
- Undergraduate Marine Research
- Underwater Archaeology
- Journalism, Graphic Arts, or Photography
- Marine or Underwater Education
- Public Safety Diving
- Dive Medicine
- Underwater Photography
- Basic Dive Training
- Advanced Dive Training
- Hardhat Dive Training
- Diver Medic Training
- Disabled Diver Training
- Dive Training for Students in ROTC, JROTC, Military Academy, Sea Cadets, or Sea Scouts
Thirty-three scholarships and training grants will be offered in the various categories in 2017
Scholarships are intended to support independent research and/or internship programs at accredited universities. Scholarships are paid or awarded directly to the recipient.
Training grants provide funds which are paid directly to the training facility and/or the equipment vendor upon WDHOF’s receipt of an invoice; they are NOT paid directly to the grantee.
Full descriptions of award value are detailed on the official website for each of the awards. Please refer to the specific scholarship/grant requirements as you complete your application.
Method of Application
You may only apply for one scholarship or training grant per year. Applicants MUST complete the online application form. Click here to begin the application process.
Please read the scholarship/grant descriptions, requirements, applicant qualifications, and application instructions carefully. Incomplete and/or late applicatios (including letters of recommendation) will not be accepted for further consideration.
The deadline for receipt of applications is November 18, 2016 at midnight U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
Applicants will be notified of award status by February 1, 2017. Only online submissions will be accepted.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame™ (WDHOF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and raising awareness of the contributions of outstanding women divers.
Application Deadline: 18 November 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships for International Female Students