Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Undergraduate (International Bachelors)
Provider: United World Colleges (UWC)
Country to Study in: Any selected Country
UWC is the only global educational NGO that brings students together from all over the world, selected from within their own countries, on merit and regardless of race, religion, politics, and the ability to pay.
These students come together at one of thirteen UWC schools and colleges that aim to foster international understanding and peace.
The UWC scholarship programme ensures diversity through selection on potential and merit. Many students attend UWC with full or partial scholarships and UWC national committees allocate scholarships as part of the selection process.
Colleges teaching a two-year pre-university diploma
Students interested in the pre-university diploma will normally be aged between 15 and 17 years old at the application stage and have already completed 10 or 11 years of formal education. Students are normally 16 or 17 when they start at a UWC college. Academic requirements vary from country to country.
The teaching language of these colleges is English, with the exception of UWC Costa Rica which is bilingual – Spanish and English. Previous knowledge of the teaching language is not usually necessary. The colleges will offer support if you do not have previous language knowledge.
- UWC South East Asia (Ages 4 - 18) - Click here for details on how to apply and entry requirements
- Waterford Kamhlaba UWC (Ages 11 - 18) - Click here for details on how to apply and entry requirements
- UWC Maastricht (Ages 2 - 18) - Click here for details on how to apply and entry requirements. You may also email email@example.com
Simón Bolívar UWC is a tertiary agricultural college. To be eligible to apply students are normally between the ages of 17-18 and are already high school graduates. The teaching language at Simón Bolívar UWC is Spanish.
Students are selected to UWC on the basis of personal merit and potential. Race, gender, religion and politics are not considered during the selection process.
UWC is open to international students looking for either a pre-university education or a tertiary agricultural course in a multi-cultural, values based environment.
- Waterford Kamhlaba UWC of Southern Africa Mbabane, Swaziland
- North America:
- Central/South America:
UWC schools and colleges are located in 13 countries and follow one of three models:
- Schools for students across a wide age range, providing students of all ages with the opportunity to gain a UWC education. See students aged 2 – 16 for more.
- Two year pre-university colleges teaching the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma to students typically aged between 16 and 19 years. See IB Diploma for more.
- Three year tertiary level agricultural training college at Simón Bolívar UWC of Agriculture in Venezuela. See Agricultural training for more.
UWC's goal is to meet 100% of student needs and they are actively fundraising to achieve this aim. Many students attend UWC with full or partial scholarships and UWC national committees allocate scholarships as part of the selection process.
Method of Application
The application process and deadlines are set by national committees and vary from country to country, so contact the national committee (see 'Contact' below) in your country for more information on how the selection process works in your country.
Each UWC national committee tailors the application process and deadlines to the local education system and culture to ensure it is relevant and appropriate.
Please contact the national committee in the country where you live or the UWC International Office for further information.
Application Deadline: varies, around February-April (annually)
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Several Countries for Undergraduates