Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course level: Undergraduate (post-secondary)
Provider: Govt of India (via Maulana Azad Education Foundation)
Country to Study in: India
Maulana Azad Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The Foundation was registered on 6th July, 1989. It is a voluntary non-political, non-profit making social service organization established to promote education amongst the educationally backward sections of the society. It is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
The objective of the Scholarship Scheme is to recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to National Minorities who can not continue their education without financial support.
To be eligible:
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) can apply:
- Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education. The List of 33 recognized Boards/Councils is given in Annexure-III (see link below). This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year:
✦ In case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation, pay-scale, basic pay and other allowances alongwith total gross & take home emoluments of the parent/guardian. A mere statement saying “Service” will not be acceptable.
The student must attach a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in case of retired persons), duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian alongwith the application.
✦ In case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students has to mention total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other landed property owned by her family alongwith total income of the family. These details will also be mentioned in the affidavit of the parent/guardian (Annexure-II) as well as in the certificate from Revenue authority.
✦ In case of business class, the student must categorically state the name & type of the business alongwith the total turn over and the total income of family. The same details will also be stated in the Affidavit (Annexure-II) from her parent/ guardian.
✦ Income from all other sources must also be mentioned, specially if mother is also employed.
✦ It must be noted that all income certificate and statements made by the students in the application is subject to further verification of Maulana Azad Education Foundation. In case of any deliberate discrepancy/concealment of facts, the MAEF may cancel/recover the scholarship granted/released as well as initiate necessary action as per law.
✦ The income certificate/affidavit (Annexure-II) must be from the parents/guardian’s side and should have been issued from the respective home station. The income certificate issued or affidavit made from the place where the student is studying, as against the home station, will NOT be acceptable (in case of photocopy, it should be attested by Gazetted Officer or Head of Institution).
- Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued by the college/school where the student is presently studying and verification of the principal (Annexure-I), in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
- The University/College/Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.
Any University/College/Institute recognized by the Government of India at the Central or State level or any other competent authority
Fields of Study
Any field offered by recognized schools in India
Number of Awards
Not specified by provider
Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
- It is one time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained. Student once selected for scholarship can not avail the same again.
- A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this Scholarship.
- The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6,000/- each. The first installment will be released after sanction of scholarship and the second installment will be released when the student will submit proof of passing class XIth, and admonition to Class XIIth in the office of the Foundation.
- The scholarship is given to student passing Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when result of Xth exam is declared. Applications received in subsequent years will not be entertained.
- Application can be downloaded from the web site www.maef.nic.in (see link below).
Photocopy of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount is to be paid for application.
- Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation by post or can be submitted by hand from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.on all working days in the office of the Foundation.
- No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services.
- Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers/formalities.
The last date for receipt of application in the office of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is September 30th which must be adhered to. The application of the scholarship received after 30th September, will not be entertained under any circumstances. MAEF will not be responsible for postal delay in the matter.
Resource: Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls Students (pdf)
For any query/information, only Secretary, MAEF should be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: 30 September every year
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Indians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in India for International Students