Course(s) Offered: Economics, Mgt
Course Level: Graduate research
Provider: University of South Africa (Unisa)
Country to Study in: South Africa
The purpose of this post is to:
- Conduct socio-economic research and provide feedback on research results
- Liaise with the Bureau of Market Research stakeholders and contribute to inputs on various Bureau of Market Research projects
- Co-manage research projects and contribute to the image of the Bureau of Market Research and UNISA through the media, workshops and intellectual discourse.
- BCom Honours Degree in Industrial Psychology OR BA Honours in Research Psychology OR BA Honours in Industrial Psychology or equivalent degree
- Minimum of two years’ practical experience in Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Must be an analytical thinker that is able to conceptualize research approaches, designs and methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality with all stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure with adherence to deadlines
- A work related test will be conducted
Knowledge of policies and procedures in a Higher Education environment
Any citizen of any country
College of Economics and Management Sciences, University of South Africa (Unisa)
Fields of study
- Participate in Empirical Research:
- Fieldwork administration
- Administer data editing and capturing processes
- Facilitate and administer focus group discussions
- Analyse and store research data
- Compile research reports and articles
- Participate in the design of research instruments
- Conduct hard-copy and online secondary research
- Provide administrative research support to all stakeholders
Salary: Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
Method of Application
The prescribed application form must be accompanied by a CV and ORIGINAL certified copies of all educational qualifications and identity document. Submission of such copies entitles Unisa to authenticate the qualifications without any further consent from the applicant. Applications not on the prescribed application form and submitted without ORIGINAL certified copies attached will not be considered.
Candidates with foreign qualifications must also submit the South African equivalent of the qualification. These qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present employer. Should you currently not be employed, a contactable reference from your previous employer must be provided.
Applications on the prescribed forms are invited and should be posted to Unisa HR: Staffing, P O Box 392, Unisa, 0003 on or before the closing date. Hand-delivered application forms can be deposited into the Application Boxes situated at the following locations at the Muckleneuk Campus: Theo van Wijk Building, Main Entrance or at the Main Entrance, OR Tambo Building, 3rd Floor.
The prescribed application form is obtainable at the counter on the 3rd Floor, OR Tambo Building UNISA, Preller Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria or can be downloaded from http://www2.unisa.ac.za/vacancies/forms/ApplicFormAdmin_Jul09.doc
on the Internet.
Closing date: 6 August 2010
Assumption of duty: As soon as possible.
Enquiries:(012) 429-4972 (Directorate: HR Staffing & Client Services; Ms S Thaver)
(012) 429-8086 (Bureau of Market Research: Prof JPR Joubert)
Any change in conditions of service will only become operative after one calendar month’s written notice and will be made in full compliance with the relevant provisions of the Labour Laws.
Application Deadline: 6 August 2010
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application