Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors)
Provider: NNPC, ESSO
Country to Study in: Nigeria
As part of support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture awards annual scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
The 2015/2016 NNPC / MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is hereby announced.
This program is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture. Applications for the NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship Awards are based on the following criteria as detailed below.
Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students who are currently admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The following criteria apply:
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st year (100 level) or 2nd year (200 level) of study in any accredited Nigerian University
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
- Dependants of employees of Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited, Mobil Oil Nigeria plc and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited are NOT eligible for this scholarship
Citizens of Nigeria - from every state of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
ALL accredited Nigerian Universities
Fields of study / Disciplines
Applications in the following list of approved disciplines are considered:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (and related fields)
- Computer Science
Several are awarded every year.
Since 1998, a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually. This is a significant increase on the 13 awards offered at inception of the scheme in 1974.
Not specified - please inquire from the provider
Method of Application
If you are qualified and interested, please visit the official website (link to it is below), and read carefully through the "Scholarship FAQs" section. Thereafter, all interested students are advised to click on “How to Apply” tab to proceed.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR APPLICATION
1). Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Current University ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O' Level result
- JAMB Result
- SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
3). Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Please note that Mobil will accept applications through its official scholarship web site address only (link to it is below). Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed.
Applications not received by Midnight on Tuesday, 1st December 2015 will not be accepted.
In line with Mobil's e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Strict compliance with the application guidelines is advisable, and employees of ExxonMobil subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this scholarship.
Fraud Alert Notice:
ExxonMobil Upstream Affiliates in Nigeria (Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited) do not use placement agencies that charge scholarship applicants an advance fee of any kind (e.g. application fees, placement fees, test fees, etc.)
Application Deadline: 1 December 2015
Open to International Students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students