Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Provider: Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Country to Study in: Canada
Since 2006, a Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) scholarship has been presented to a female college or university student deemed to have submitted the best research paper on a topic related to women in politics.
In June 2008, the scholarship was renamed the Mayor Andrée Boucher Memorial Scholarship, in honour of the late mayor of Quebec City. The $2,000 scholarship is awarded annually. The Purpose is to encourage women to consider entering public office.
The scholarship is open only to women students who are enrolled in a Canadian college or university.
The student can be in any year of study as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Applicants should be considering making a contribution to/or entering the political realm.
Any female of any nationality
Any Canadian college or university
Fields of study
Any topic / field related to women in politics
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
This will be a onetime award
The award will be $2,000 and will be presented in the winner’s municipality
Method of Application
- In a cover letter, tell FCM how you have been involved in campus or community activities related to women’s issues.
- Submit a research paper you presented on issues related to women in politics, in any order of government.
- You must demonstrate how your area of study impacts on getting women involved in all orders of government.
- Special consideration will be given if there is a focus on municipal government.
- The research essay must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Applications will be kept on file and considered for up to three years, depending on eligibility.
Two written references are required:
- One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
- One (1) from a school instructor
The deadline date for the current academic year is March 15, 2013
Ensure that you submit one complete package.
Send your submissions to:
Jennifer Mowbray, Program Manager, Getting to 30%
Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government
By mail: 24 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5P3
By fax: 613-244-1515
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 March, 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application