Course(s) Offered: Pharmacy
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: McKesson Pharmacy
Country to Study in: USA
McKesson Foundation has established the McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program to assist pharmacy students who plan to continue their education. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for study at an accredited School of Pharmacy of the student's choice.
The McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program is independently administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the largest U.S. designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program must be a:
- Child or grandchild of a drug store owner or pharmacist who is a McKesson primary account* customer OR
- Pharmacy student employed by a drug store owner or pharmacist who is a McKesson primary account* customer. Each customer may sponsor applications for up to two pharmacy student employees.
*A primary account is a pharmacy that purchases the majority of their pharmaceutical items from McKesson Corporation.
Up to fifty $1,000 awards will be granted for one year of full-time study. Awards may be renewed for an additional three years. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic progress, continued study in pharmacy, and the recipient not being subject to any disciplinary action.
Method of Application
The eligible pharmacy student must complete the online application. You may wish to gather the following information that will be needed for the application process:
- McKesson Pharmacy Customer (drugstore owner or pharmacist) first and last name, work phone number and email address
- McKesson Pharmacy Customer Account #, store/pharmacy name, store/pharmacy address
- List of applicant’s work experience and involvement in school and community activities
- Applicant’s transcript of grades
- Short statement of applicant’s educational and career objectives
All application pages with required fields must be completed in the format described in order to submit the application. Standard capitalization (Jill Smith, not jill smith or JILL SMITH) must be used when entering data. Once the application is submitted, no further revisions can be made.
Required Supporting Documents
Applicants must also send the following documents to Scholarship Management Services postmarked no later than October 31, 2011:
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click here to view and print the form)
- A copy of your acceptance letter from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Complete transcript of grades from each postsecondary school attended. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- English translations for all non-English documents
Applicants will receive an emailed confirmation when the electronic application is successfully submitted. Late submissions and incomplete application packages will not be considered. If you do not receive acknowledgement that your application package is complete, it is your responsibility to contact Scholarship Management Services to check on your application's status.
Send all required supporting documents to:
McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way, P.O. Box 297
Saint Peter, MN 56082
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: Submit electronically by 11:59 p.m. on October 31st every year
Open to International students: Yes (but see 'Eligibility')
Application Portal: Apply Online Now
More Scholarship Information and Application