Course(s) Offered: Education in the UK
Course Level: Certificate course
Provider: British Council Nigeria
Course can be taken at: Online
The British Council will run an online UK Education Agents certificate online course for UK education agents in Nigeria starting from Early January to March 2012.
The British Council is the UK’s leading professional body for providing information on UK education. This certificated training programme has been developed by the British Council to provide a broad knowledge of the UK education system and studying and living in the UK.
For UK education agents in Nigeria, and those also wishing to become one
Citizens (and probably non-citizens) of Nigeria, resident in Nigeria
Contributors to the development of this course include:
- A wide range of British Council information and marketing staff worldwide
- Education information specialists within the British Council
- Partners in a range of UK institutions across all sectors
- Senior representatives from national agencies including UCAS and UK visas.
The aims include:
- This training programme enables agents to promote UK education effectively and provide high-quality information, resources and services to potential international students. The course also develops their skills to source information and how to regularly update their knowledge.
- In guiding the customers to establish the questions they need to answer and where to find those answers, agents are helping them to become more independent and better prepared for their experience as international students in the UK .
- In conjunction with other information resources developed by the British Council, the course will serve as a continuous source of support and professional knowledge updating. As such, obtaining this British Council qualification will represent a valued and recognised professional achievement.
Studying the course is beneficial in several ways.
- The certificate* is recognised by UK institutions, and it demonstrates to students and parents that agents have gained knowledge in the above areas.
- Furthermore, it will enable agents to access support more easily from the British Council globally and in country.
- It also keeps you abreast with developments in the UK education sector
Cost of Application:
The full cost for taking the course is £500 per person (payable in Naira to the nearest British Council office to you).
Can be made in cash or bank draft to any British Council Nigeria office on weekdays from 14 November 2011 to 5 January 2012. The course package will be sent to you before the commencement of the course.
There are limited spaces on this training so we are strictly going to handle it on first come, first served.
*Please note that the certificate is awarded to the candidates undertaking the course, and NOT the agency to which the candidate works.
For further information and inquiries, please contact:
|Main switchboard||+234 1 4615600/1|
+234 1 4630396/9
|Customer Service Desk||+234 806 900 5871|
|IELTS & Kano Exams||+234 812 8228 152|
|School, University and Professional Exams||+234 807 9962 988|
|Fax||+234 9 413 0902|
|Monday to Thursday||0800 - 1630|
|Friday||0800 - 1300|
|Address||Plot 3645, IBB Way Maitama|
Garki, Abuja, Nigeria
Other sources of information include:
- British Council Nigeria on Face Book
- British Council Africa home page
- British Council UK home page
- British Council Worldwide (select your region and country)
Open to International students: No(ONLY Nigerians)
Resource: UK Education Agents certificate online course Information Brochure (pdf)
More Course Information and Application