Course(s) Offered: Nursing, Medical
Course Level: Undergraduate (associate degree, bachelor) Graduate (masters)
Provider: Frank Lanza Memorial
Country to Study in: USA
The Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarships recognize the outstanding academic and leadership accomplishments of students who are enrolled in regionally accredited community college programs in registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services.
Scholarships are offered for national and international students enrolled in regionally accredited community college programs in the USA. Certificate students are not eligible to apply.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicants need not be members of Phi Theta Kappa to apply.
- Candidates must have completed by June 2013 at least 50 percent of course work in an associate degree registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services program at a regionally accredited community college. Students selected as Frank Lanza Scholars will be required to submit verification.
- Applicants must provide documentation of enrollment in a minimum of six semester hours for the fall 2013 semester at a regionally accredited community college in an associate degree registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services program.
- Part-time students, full-time students and international students are eligible to apply.
- Students with previous associate, bachelor’s or master’s degrees are eligible to apply.
- Pre-major students and certificate students are ineligible to apply.
- The director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled (registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services) must complete the Institutional Certification and Eligibility Form by the application deadline. Failure to submit this form will result in an incomplete application.
- Applicants must post a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 4.0 on all course work at the time of application, with no courses marked as incomplete.
- The student must hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the community college the student is attending or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
- The applicant’s record must be free from suspension, probation or other disciplinary action.
- The applicant’s record must be free from any criminal conduct or if the applicant is a convicted felon, he or she must have completed all conditions of sentencing, including probation.
Part- and full-time US and international students
Any regionally accredited community college in any country the student is attending
Fields of study
Eligible degree programs in the fields of Nursing, Respiratory Care or Emergency Medical Service.
Scholarships disbursement take place upon confirmation of the recipient’s enrollment in a minimum of six semester hours at a regionally accredited community college in an eligible degree program.
Number of awards
Up to 20 scholarships will be given
All scholarships will be disbursed in one payment
Scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded in 2013, for a total of $50,000 in scholarships.
Method of Application
Applicants must have completed 50% of their course work leading towards achieving an associate degree by June 2013. (Certificate students are not eligible to apply).
Apply by completing a Spring Common Application online (via the link below) no later than the deadline date indicated below.
The application period is open from February 27 to 5:00 pm, CDT, April 30, 2013.
Materials may not be submitted by fax or email.
Partial materials, even submitted before the deadline, will be deemed ineligible.
For more information about the Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.987.5741.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application