Course(s) Offered: Any course
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Hague University
Country to Study in: Netherlands
Do you consider yourself a global citizen? Then apply for the World Citizen Talent Scholarship.
The Hague University is offering scholarships to students who would like to start their bachelors programme during the academic year 2016-2017 at the university. The scholarships will cover a significant amount of the total first year university tuition fee. Applications opened 1 November 2015.
The Hague University is an educational united nations of 146 nationalities, where everyone speaks English. You will be taught by both local and international lecturers who have an easy way of interacting with students. The social contact among the students also makes for an enriching study period.
You are eligible to apply for one of these scholarships if:
- You come from outside the European Union (and not from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Surinam)
- You are enrolling for the first time and and have not studied at any of the programmes The Hague University of Applied Sciences offers
- You are a first year student joining one of the University's bachelor programmes
- You would have to pay the full institutional tuition fee rate
- You have never used this scholarship scheme before
- You have been provisionally accepted also-called ‘offer of student position’ as a student on or before 31 March
- You have written an essay as explained below on or before 1 April
The programme is seeking young, intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
If this sounds like you and the conditions listed above apply to you, all you need to do is complete the application form (link to it is below) and write an essay of 950 to 1100 words that would convince the scholarship sponsors/providers to award you a scholarship.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the EU and Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Surinam)
The Hague University of Applied Sciences, The Hague, Randstad metropolitan region, Netherlands
Fields of study
All undergraduate bachelor level courses offered at the University
Number of awards
A total of fifty-four (54) scholarships are available to prospective bachelor degree students for the current academic year
This scholarship is a onetime financial aid
Each scholarship is worth EUR 5,000 and will cover almost two-thirds of the total first year university’s tuition fee. It will only be awarded once.
Method of Application
To apply for this scholarship, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria listed above. Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have met all terms and conditions of enrolment.
In general, the scholarship application is in three steps:
- Step 1 - First apply for the Bachelor programme of your choice
- Step 2 - Write an essay: When writing your essay, try picturing yourself as a member of the university community. In the essay, describe your cultural background and explain why and how you can contribute to the multinational, multicultural beehive that is The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Check the essay guidelines before you start writing.
- Step 3 - Submit your essay by completing the scholarship application form and attaching your essay before 1 April.
You must be provisionally accepted as a student on or before 31 March, and you must submit your scholarship application (plus the requested essay) on or before 1 April.
Applications opened 1 November 2015. And end 31 March 2016.
The university has appointed a committee to judge all essays, The judges will select the 54 students whose essays will have impressed them most and award the scholarships to them. The decision of the jury will be binding. You will be informed about the results via email before 16 May 2016.
You will receive the scholarship amount of €5000 after your arrival in The Hague and have set up a Dutch bank account.
The Hague is the perfect home for The Hague University of Applied Sciences, it is an international city that deserves its title - The International City of Peace & Justice. The vibrant seaside resort of Scheveningen, historic city centre and international diplomatic community all add to its international atmosphere.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences is a university of applied sciences and community higher professional education institute with its campuses located in and around The Hague in the Randstad metropolitan region in the southern Netherlands.
Application Deadline: 1 April 2016
Open for International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarships in The Netherlands for International Students