The Mankind United To Support Total Education (MUSTE) Scholarships
Course(s) Offered: Health, Technology, Finance
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Mankind United To Support Total Education (MUSTE) is a scholarship arm of Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Abuja Nigeria on the 17th of November 2003.
The goal is to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.
Over time it is expected that MUSTE beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
- Be a registered member of Youth & ICT Foundation
- Have their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination result or the equivalent
- Have a current admission letter into a recognized institution
- Undergraduate applicant must have passed JAMB and Post-JAMB examinations
- Undergraduates already in school must attach a recent photocopy of their school I.D
- Higher degree applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, and have at least two years of recent full time professional experience, acquired after a university degree.
- Present one personal reference letter and one academic/professional reference letter. All recommendation letters must be duly signed.
- Higher degree applicant must include a cover letter stating “Why you intend to pursue a higher degree” (Not more than 250 words).
- Attach recent two passport photographs
- Include a valid email address, residential address and telephone number
- All questions are compulsory
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
All scholarships are awarded based on merit, using the information provided in the form, supporting documents and a screening test.
Citizens of Nigerian origin
All approved / accredited Nigerian Universities and institutions of higher learning
Fields of study
All undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses especially those related to health, technology, and finance
Number of awards
The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year from a pool of about four hundred applicants.
In the first ten years of the program, one thousand four hundred and thirty-nine beneficiaries (i.e. 1439 youths) from all across Nigeria have been awarded scholarships worth N98,220,000.
For the whole duration of the undergraduate programme subject to academic qualification. Continual award of this bursary is also subject to satisfactory academic performance in the subsequent year of the degree program.
The MUSTE Scholarship provides bursary to cover the cost of completing University or Higher degree program that is within 3 – 6 years. The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance.
The MUSTE Scholarship does not cover:
i). Expenses for the scholar's family; ii). Expenses related to research, supplementary materials, field trip or workshops while at the university; iii). INTERNATIONAL OR LOCAL TUITION FEES THAT EXCEED THE BURSARY AWARDED. This is a bursary of a fixed amount regardless of the tuition stated by the school.
For more details, see the official website via the active link below.
Method of Application
You may want to APPLY for the current session; OR RENEW an existing scholarship; OR SUBMIT a verification form!
To apply, renew or submit a verification form; follow the appropriate link on the official website (link to it is below). Follow the prompts that appear to complete.
Please follow the directions below carefully before applying:
- Obtain all supporting documents such as your JAMB, SSCE, WAEC etc.
- SCAN ALL PAGES + SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND SAVE IN A FOLDER + Passport Photo
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY HARD COPY TO the foundation’s OFFICE ADDRESS.
The deadline date has always been the 1st of November of every year. However, no date has been set for the current 2014/2015 academic session.
The scholarship awarded is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason.
Should you be granted the scholarship, your progress report is required at the end of every academic year as well as your annual academic results. These should be sent in prior to the renewal of your scholarship.
The MUSTE scholarship only supplements and does not duplicate any other source of financial support the scholar might have. However, scholars must inform the Board of MUSTE if they have other sources of scholarship funds. Your MUSTE scholarship may be withdrawn unconditionally or partially if during the scholarship period the Board has evidence of additional sources of support.
Your MUSTE scholarship maybe withdrawn unconditionally or partially if during the scholarship period the Board has evidence of additional sources of support.
The Programme Goals are:
i). To promote access to tertiary education; ii). To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria; iii). To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace; AND iv). To bridge the knowledge gap in Nigeria.
The MUSTE is founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia with the aim of providing financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2014
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application