Course(s) Offered: Science, Engineering
Course Level: Graduate (PhD, training, research)
Provider: A*STAR, NUS, and NTU
Country to Study in: Singapore
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to offer PhD training to be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NUS or NTU.
Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NUS or NTU.
The following apply:
- The scholarship is open to all international students
- Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
- Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from two academic referees
Citizens of any nationality / country of the world
National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore; AND
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore
Fields of study
PhD fields in Science, Engineering and Research
Number of awards
Not specified. But several are offered
For the whole duration of the programme
The scholarships are valued as:
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
|Items||Per Student Per Month (SGD)|
- University Canteens
- Meals outside Campus
200 - 300
440 - 525
|Accommodation - per person based on twin sharing||300 - 600|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 - 150|
|Other Expenses (stationery, toiletries, laundry, recreation, etc)||300 - 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,100 - 1,700|
Method of Application
Hard copies of the following supporting documents must be submitted to the SINGA Office:
- A copy of your Identity Card or Passport
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s), one in English translation and the other in the original language
- Certified true copies of degree scroll(s) or a letter or certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A certified true copy of TOEFL / IELTS results
- A certified true copy of SAT I & II / GRE / GATE results
- Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates
- List of publications
- List of patents filed
The annual deadline date for the next January class intake is 1 June of the previous year.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.
All supporting documents are to be submitted by post to:
Attention: Ms Pris Ang
A*STAR Graduate Academy
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
20 Biopolis Way, #08-01 Centros
For enquiries, you may contact them thus: Tel: (65) 6826 6111; Fax: (65) 6777 1711; Or, their online contact form.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: