Course(s) Offered: Any academic discipline
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, doctoral, research)
Provider: The University of Adelaide
Country to Study in: Australia
The University of Adelaide offers a scholarships scheme for international students undertaking postgraduate research study for Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The purpose of the financial award programme is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
A number of ASI scholarships may be available in the mid year round of scholarships for 2013 to outstanding international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in any academic discipline.
To be eligible for this scholarship:
- Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year.
- Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in internationally refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- International applicants are not eligible for an ASI if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an ASI in the last round of the previous calendar year.
- Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive.
- Generally ASI recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
- ASI Scholarship will be awarded strictly on academic merit. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
International postgraduate students from any country
The University of Adelaide, Australia
Field of Study
Master’s and Doctoral Courses by Research in any academic discipline offered at the university
Two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only)
The ASI provides:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- An annual living allowance of approximately $24,653 (2013 value) for the normal duration of the program; and
- If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Method of Application
To apply, kindly download the international student Application Form
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting English language proficiency requirements by the closing date are not eligible for an ASI.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at The University of Adelaide in 2013. No ASI may be commenced after 31 August 2013.
- The offer of an ASI scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor.
Applicants will be notified by the end of November 2012 regarding the outcome of their scholarship application.
Application Deadline: 12 April 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: