Course(s) Offered: IT, Telecom
Course Level: Graduate (internship, training)
Country to Work in: Africa
Graduate Trainee Description
Through the Graduate Trainee program, IBM seeks to recruit high-potential recent graduates and develop them into Telco IT specialists through a twelve month long on-the-job training.
The selected candidates will work in either Network Management, Server administration or Application Support.
Each candidate would receive training as specific to their tower, plus everyone will go through training on Service Management and Basics of Telecom IT.
The summarized details of this programme include:
Job ID: GTS-0610973
Work Countries: Multiple (ZM, BF, CD, GA, KE, NG, TZ, UG)
Work City: Any
Travel : 10% Travel Annually
Business Group: Global Technology Services
You must be ELIGIBLE to work in the country to which you are applying.
Strengths and Experience:
While exposure in computer science / IT is a pre-requisite, what we are primarily looking for is:
- Highly driven, energetic, flexible and resourceful
- Positive attitude towards learning (systems, processes and people)
- Strong quantitative aptitude and Troubleshooting bent of mind (i.e., Problem Solving ability)
- Structured communication ability
- Strong adherence to policies and processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Troubleshooting
- English: Fluent
Zambia, Burkina Faso, Congo Democratic Republic, Gabon, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda.
The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Armonk, New York, United States; in conjunction with IBM in the recruitment countries, as listed above.
Fields of study
An on-the-job training to develop successful applicants into IT specialists.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working with Competency managers, ensure smooth IT operations for a leading Telco in Africa
- Interacting directly with client team members onsite
- Developing proficiency in one or more areas to become a subject matter expert (SME)
- Preparing data for Management Reporting (and presenting occasionally to local management)
- Undergoing continuous training and development incorporating common soft skills education and specialised classes for IBM
This has not been specified by the provider
This will be a twelve (12) month long training programme
IBM seeks to develop IT specialists through an on-the-job training programme. Successful candidates will receive training as specific to their tower, and go through training on Service Management and Basics of Telecom IT.
For more specific details, contact the provider via address below OR on the official website via link below.
Method of Application
To apply, visit the official website via the link provided below, to complete the online application.
Please note that to register successfully for this programme, you will need to submit a VALID E-mail Address. Do ensure you have one before starting your registration on the official website.
The specific deadline date by IBM for submission of all registrations for this programme is 7th of November 2013.
The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note that IBM will not accept applications mailed to its contact addresses. For Middle-East and Africa, email IBM at: OMSUPPRT@UK.IBM.COM
Include the following information in your email:
- country of residence
- subject of your question and the details
- first name and surname for reply (optional)
- email address for reply (optional)
Application Deadline: 7 November 2013
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY African countries above)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Computer/IT Scholarships for International Students