Program(s) Offered: Sustainable development
Program Level: Grant awards
Provider: The Australian Embassy
Country to Work in: Africa
The Australian Embassy is pleased to announce that applications for the Australia-Africa Community Grants Scheme (AACGS) for 2010-2011 are now open.
The AACGS (formerly the African Regional Small Activities Scheme or ARSAS) will support community-based activities being implemented by non-government organisations that promote sustainable economic and social development.
Funding can range from AUD30,000 to AUD75,000. In rare cases involving exceptional project applications, we will consider larger amounts.
Funding under the AACGS is available for all African countries, however the Australian Embassy in Cairo will accept applications from Egypt, Sudan (including Southern Sudan), Tunisia, Libya and Eritrea.
For other African countries, please find the Australian diplomatic mission responsible for your region in the guidelines on the official website (link to it is below).
Citizens of African countries
Non-government organisations in Africa
Focus of scheme
The sectoral focus of the Scheme includes (but is not restricted to):
- Community health initiatives, including HIV/AIDS, water and sanitation;
- Education and training;
- Economic and social initiatives;
- Environmental awareness and natural resource conservation;
- Agriculture and food security;
- Promotion of women’s rights and equal access to goods and services; and
- Promotion of skills development and employment for youth
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Develop a global partnership for development.
The value of the funding can range from AUD30,000 to AUD75,000
Method of Application
If you are interested in lodging an application, please visit the official website (link to it is below) for more information, including application forms and criteria for application.
Scholarship application deadline is 31 January 2011
Australia is a stable, democratic and culturally diverse nation with a highly skilled workforce and one of the strongest performing economies in the world.
With spectacular landscapes and a rich ancient culture, Australia is a land like no other. It is the earth's sixth-largest country in land area and is the only nation to govern an entire continent.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2011
Open to International Applicants: No
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Australia for International Students