Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters, phd)
Provider: P.E.O. IPS Fund
Country to Study in: USA, Canada
P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada.
The Scholarships are awarded annually to women who are citizens of countries other than the United States or Canada for graduate study in a degree program from schools in the United States and Canada.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. A student does not need to be enrolled at the time of application.
- A copy of the applicant’s confirmation of admission must be received by the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship office by April 1 in order to complete the application. This notice must specify the graduate degree program. No consideration will be given to applicants lacking evidence of admission.
- A student holding citizenship or permanent residency in the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- A scholarship is not given for research, internships, or for practical training unless it is combined with coursework.
- Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- Scholarships are not awarded for travel.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining and be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- Doctoral students in medicine or dentistry will be considered in the final two (2) years of coursework, internship or residency.
Citizens of all other countries of the world (EXCEPT the United States or Canada)
All approved/accredited schools (college or university) in the United States and Canada
Fields of study
Any graduate degree program in any field of study
Number of awards
Not specified, but several will be given
Whole duration of study program
The maximum amount for a full twelve (12) months of study is $10,000
Method of Application
To determine eligibility, complete the Eligibility Form and submit between August 15 and December 15. The Eligibility form may be downloaded from the official website (link to it is below).
It is very essential to note that the Eligibility forms will NOT be accepted before August 15 or after December 15.
Each applicant has 60 days from the date her eligibility form is approved to submit her completed application material. The material includes the Application Form, Personal Statement (or Progress Report for renewals), Educational/Employment Resume, Recommendations and the Return Travel Guarantee Form. These may all be downloaded from the official website (link to it is below).
|August 15, 2012||First day IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms for the following academic year|
|December 15, 2012||Last day to submit Eligibility Forms|
|April 1, 2013||Last day to submit confirmation of admission from university or college|
Last day to submit school budget
Last day to submit transcripts
If eligible, an applicant will be required to complete and sign a document promising to return to her home country or to a location outside the United States or Canada within sixty (60) days, depending on her visa status, upon completion of her degree program(s) or Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Note that the Eligibility forms will not be accepted before August 15 or after December 15.
Application Deadline: 1 April / 15 December 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: