Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, training)
Provider: CUD, CIUF
Country to Study in: Belgium
UPDATE: See ARES Belgium International Scholarships
The University Commission for Development (CUD) provides scholarships every year to international students from developing countries.
The commission implements policies on university cooperation for development, thus providing cutting-edge international trainings and courses for development.
Within the programme for international courses and training programmes, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for participation into the masters courses and 70 for participation into the training programmes. Only applicants originating in developing countries mentioned below, qualify for selection.
The following criteria applies for selection of holders of this scholarship:
- Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
- ONLY the nationals of the selected countries (see above) are authorized to postulate with the CUD Scholarships.
- At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
- Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
- Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
You MUST be a citizen of one of the following countries:
South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Participating institutions are universities and academic institutions in Belgium.
Fields of Study
The list of International Courses and training programs can be found here. They include:
- Master in Aquaculture
- Master in Transport Management
- Master in Public Health – Guidance Health and Development
- Master in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Master in Management of Animal and Plant Resources in Tropical Environments
- Master in Management of Natural Risks
- Master in Science and Technology of Foods
- Master in Transfusion Medicine
- European Master in Microfinance
- Master in Protecting Tropical and Subtropical Crops
- Master in International Economics and Development
- Master in Development, Environment and Societies
- Master in Public Health Methodology
- Internship in the Use of Information Technologies and Communication in the University Libraries
- Internship in Geographic Information System
- Internship in Management Systems Health Services – economics and resource management / planning (network A) – Management Science and Research in Health Systems (chain B)
- Methodological Stage in Supporting Innovation in Family Agriculture
- Internship in Environment and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
Every year, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for the Masters courses and 70 for the training programmes.
Although specific details are not provided, information may be requested from the provider on the value and other inclusions covered in this award.
Method of Application
Application must be carefully completed and returned, ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, to CUD before the expiration of the deadline shown below. Note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be provided.
For detailed information on application procedures, see the official How to apply page. You may want to download the 'Application Form For A CIUF Scholarship' AND the 'Admission Form To The University' from the Application Forms webpage of the official website (link to it is below).
All applications to CIUF, which should be submitted ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, must be received on or before the 12th of February 2014.
For enquiries or more information, contact:
Maryvonne AUBRY at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Belgium, officially the Kingdom of Belgium, is a federal monarchy in Western Europe.
Application Deadline: 12 February 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships/Training Grants in Belgium for Developing Countries