Study Subject(s): Any field (see below)
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Scholarship Provider: University of Birmingham
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognised as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of our teaching and research. We attract students of the highest calibre from around the world and have been welcoming international students to the University for over 100 years. To award outstanding achievement, we are pleased to offer a number of international postgraduate scholarships.
In order to apply candidates must:
- be overseas for fee purposes
- have applied for a one year full time masters course and have been issued with a student id number
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK
- Applicants must have an excellent academic background. Due to the level of competition for these scholarships, only applicants with a 1st class bachelors degree will be considered.
- Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
- Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
Students from all countries outside the EU
University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Fields of study
The scholarship supports Masters degree programme in selected disciplines at the University
Number of Awards
The University of Birmingham is offering International Postgraduate Scholarships worth £10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for a one year masters course. These awards are for tuition fees only and cannot be used for maintenance/living costs
Method of Application
You must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
- A link to the application form will be sent automatically to students who have recieved an offer of admission on an eligible course for the 2012/13 academic year.
- You should complete the application form and then submit it electronically. There is no need to provide any supporting documents as we aquire them from our Admissions Department.
- Applications will be shortlisted and considered throughout June and early July, and successful scholarship applicants will be contacted in July.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday 1st June 2012 (annually)
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application