Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: NNPC, TUCN
Country to Study in: Nigeria
Every year, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country.
The programme, NNPC/TUCN National Merit Scholarship Awards, is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the the many ways Total demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. This is part of Total’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility.
This scholarship scheme has been successfully carried out over the years, and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), in pursuance of it’s Corporate Social Responsibility, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian undergraduates for the 2016/2017 National Merit Scholarship (formerly known as, Nigeria Tertiary Institutions Scholarships).
The NNPC/TUCN National Merit Scholarship Award is open to duly admitted, recognized full time Nigerian students, pursuing undergraduate programmes in recognized universities, who are in their first or second year of studies and who are NOT beneficiaries of any other scholarships. To qualify for consideration applicants MUST:
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in recognized Nigerian Universities.
- Be a Certified 100 or 200 level students at the time of application.
- Show Proof of SSCE or equivalent certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number.
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students.
The following categories of students should not apply:
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from any other Company or Government Agency need not apply
Citizens of Nigerian origin
All recognized Nigerian Universities and other Tertiary Institutions
Field of study
Students of the under-listed courses may apply:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Computer Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Pure and Applied Sciences
- Land and Quantity Surveying
- Medical Sciences
Not specified -- Several will be awarded
This is yet to be confirmed
Method of Application
Application forms must be completed on-line on the official web site (link to it is below). You will need to register here. While filling in your application, you should bear these IMPORTANT NOTES in mind:
- Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
- Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
- Review Application: Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
- Conclusion: Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
All applications will close four weeks from the initial date of this publication i.e. on or before November 4, 2016.
Selection tests will hold on 3rd December 2016 at 11 designated centres nationwide which will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for the tests.
Candidates will fully bear the cost of transportation to and from test venue as no reimbursement shall be made. Candidates are therefore advised to choose the test center closest to them.
Total S.A. is a French multinational integrated oil and gas company and one of the six "Supermajor" oil companies in the world. The company has its head office in the Tour Total in the La Défense district in Courbevoie, West of Paris. Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) consist of Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI).
Application Deadline: 4 November 2016
Open to International Students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian students