Program(s) Offered: Recruitment
Program Level: Fulltime
Provider: FirstBank Plc
Country to Work in: Nigeria
The FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) is a yearly recruitment exercise aimed at attracting suitably qualified and self-motivated individuals into the Bank’s Talent Pool to meet the growing manpower requirements across the enterprise.
The Programme is a talent sourcing initiative of the Bank geared towards the recruitment of young, intelligent, purpose-driven and dynamic individuals. The GTP Programme also provides the platform to attract fresh and talented young graduates who will be groomed to drive the Bank’s vision of being the clear leader and Nigeria’s Bank of first choice.
Apply for the FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme. Come build your career with FirstBank, if you desire to be part of a premier financial service institution with multi-jurisdictional presence in major cities and countries across the globe. Take a bold step and apply for the ongoing FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme.
To be eligible, the following must apply:
- Not more than 27 years old by December 2016
- Have completed NYSC with a valid certificate
- Possess minimum of B.A/ B.Sc. degree with ‘Second Class Lower’ or HND with ‘Upper Credit’
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Analytical skills
- Self-driven and results-oriented
- Highly innovative with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Familiarity with global financial trends and developments
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and Power Point
Citizens of Nigeria
First Bank of Nigeria
Fields of study
All eligible fields
It does not go without mentioning that there are key motivators to build your career with FirstBank….one of the largest talent sourcing organizations in Nigeria, across the Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond, amongst these are:
- FirstBank is the most valuable bank Brand in Nigeria’s financial services sector and listed among the top 500 global banking brands.
- FirstBank is the largest and most respected banking franchise in Nigeria.
- FirstBank has unparalleled reputation for leadership, strength and stability; and consistently marked as no. 1 most trusted bank in Independent Customer Surveys.
- FirstBank is an “Equal Opportunity Employer” underpinned by strong institutional processes, diversity and inclusion practice and corporate governance.
- FirstBank offers continuous learning and development opportunities through its learning centre, FirstAcademy to equip staff with required skills and competencies to perform optimally in their respective job functions.
- The Bank offers highly competitive compensation packages aimed at attracting and retaining high performing and energetic people across various functional areas within the organization.
- FirstBank creates an enabling work culture and environment with recognition and respect for individuals.
- FirstBank gives support for professional development especially acquisitions of globally accredited certifications e.g. ACCA, CFA, ITIL, CISA, ICAN, CIBN, CIPM, CIPD etc.
- The first existing financial institution in Nigeria (established 1894), a partner to the government and regarded as a national icon.
- FirstBank has produced 2 CBN governors and several top government officials.
To apply to the GTP Programme, follow the steps listed on the How To Apply page. Note that while on the "Vacancies" page, you must choose the vacancy that suits you and click on the "View/Apply" button. And after applying, you will receive a short message saying “Application Successful.”
Application Deadline is 8th November, 2016
Driven by our vision, FirstBank has continued to reinvent itself with a view to sustaining its leadership position in the marketplace on all parameters. Here in FirstBank, our people are recognized as the most valuable resource on which competitive advantage is built and we acknowledge their quality and contributions to the overall corporate goals and objectives.
First Bank of Nigeria, sometimes referred to as FirstBank, is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services provider headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 8 November 2016
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Recruitment Information and Application
Related: Careers and Job Articles for Students and Graduates