GIBB bursary programme
Course(s) Offered: Engineering
Course Level: Undergraduate (Honours), Graduate (Masters)
Provider: GIBB Engineering & Architecture
Country to Study in: South Africa
Have you got what it takes to join a revolutionary engineering intelligence provider? GIBB is offering bursary opportunities to South African students studying Engineering at any South African university. GIBB’s bursary programme aims at attracting exceptional young talent to the firm.
If you have what it takes to become part of this exciting team, the GIBB bursary programme is ready to change your life. Bursaries awarded are for full-time university students, studying engineering.
Under this program, job functions would cover Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering; and the Industries involved are Building & Construction, and Engineering sectors.
- Students must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card.
- Students must be studying towards an Engineering Degree, Honours or Masters, with specialisation in the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Rail and Roads.
- Students must have successfully completed their 1st year of study.
- For students in University 2nd, 3rd year, Honours or Masters, studying in one of the fields mentioned above need to maintain a 60% average to apply.
Citizens of South Africa
GIBB Engineering & Architecture, South Africa
Fields of study
Undergraduate and graduate level courses in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
Number of awards
Covers a twelve (12) months period
A GIBB bursary covers:
- Cost of tuition at any university in South Africa
- Books and stationery
- Travel costs where applicable
- Accommodation where applicable
- Vacation employment
- Employment at any GIBB office in South Africa
- Vacation work at any GIBB office in South Africa
It you satisfy the eligibility requirements, you must then apply online via the official website to be considered. You must attach certified copies of the following documents in order to be considered: ID, CV, Matric Certificate, and Full tertiary academic record.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply to this bursary programme.
Opening date for applications is 9th June, 2016. Closing date for submission of all applications is 31st August, 2016
GIBB is an exceptional South African multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm with a proud history of 60 years in the industry. The firm is an agile African infrastructure solutions provider.
The South African part of this consultancy was established in 1956. In 1966, it got registered as Hill Kaplan Scott (HKS), but merged with the Atlanta, USA based LAWGIBB Group in 1994 to form HKS LAWGIBB. The new firm changed its name to GIBB Africa in 1995, and underwent another transformation in 2000 by merging with Cape Town-based Arcus Engineering, into ARCUS GIBB. A survey in 2011 revealed that most clients referred to the firm as GIBB.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2016
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY South Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in South Africa for International Students