Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 12 scholarships (over 3 years) targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the countries or territories listed below.
Eligibility Criteria includes:
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2016. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2016.
Citizens of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
Sheffield Institute for International Development, University of Sheffield, UK
Fields of study
You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2016:
- MA Cities and Global Development
- MA International Development
- MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH in International Development
- MA in Globalisation and Development
- MA in Global Justice
- MA in International Relations
- MSc in International Social Change and Policy
The University of Sheffield, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is able to offer 12 scholarships. For 2016, there are four (4) scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries.
Award is granted over three years - for the period of study
Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories. Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. Please use the postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
It is important to visit the official webpage (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply to this scholarship. You may also see the How to apply page at University of Sheffield for more information.
You must hold an offer for study at the University of Sheffield in 2016 by Friday 29th April 2016
If you are selected for the final stage of the application process the University of Sheffield will contact you by 13th May 2016. At this point the University may ask you to submit a short personal statement to support your application.
If you do not receive an email by Friday 20th May 2016 asking you to submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship you have not been selected for this award.
If you have any questions about this award please contact the university via the official scholarship webpage (link to it is below).
Application Deadline: 29 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in UK for International Students