Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors)
Provider: Griffith University
Country to Study in: Australia
Griffith University in Australia offers the Griffith International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships to outstanding international high school graduates applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University.
This scholarship will consist of two tuition payments of a specified for each successful applicant.
Successful secondary school / high school graduate applicants must be new and future commencing students i.e. hoping to gain admission into Griffith University. They must be from countries other than Australia and/or New Zealand, and must fulfill all other criteria set forth below.
- have a minimum GPA in high school studies. Please refer to Minimum academic criteria to apply (PDF).
- have applied to Griffith University and satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's Undergraduate Entry Requirements.
- be a commencing (not existing) student at Griffith University.
- be enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree at Griffith University.
Citizen of ANY country (other than Australia or New Zealand)
Griffith University, South East Queensland, Australia
Fields of study
All undergraduate courses (excluding online, non-award, offshore delivery and where students are given advanced standing or credit for previous studies).
A maximum of one scholarship will be awarded annually to applicants for the following degrees: Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science, Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Technology, Bachelor of Exercise Science, Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours.
Number of awards
A period of 2 semesters is covered by this award
The scholarship award value and benefits amounts to $5,000 in total. Two payments of $2,500 will be made towards each recipient's tuition fees in the first and second semester of the first year of their program.
Method of Application
To be successful with your application, interested applicants must satisfy the 'Selection criteria' listed below in addition to all other requirements.
Applicants must provide:
- a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit as outlined in Eligibility section.
- two letters of reference addressing demonstrated leadership ability and personal character.
- a personal statement which includes why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
There are two application - for Semester 1 and for Semester 2. All applications for Semester 1 close on 30 November (for January or February commencement). For Semester 2, all applications close 30 April (for July commencement).
Scholarship applicants will usually be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship within one month of the application closing date and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship. Usually, the outcome of application for Semester 1 will be notified by end of December, while the outcome for Semester 2 will be notified by end of May. Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn.
Griffith University is a public university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies. At the time, these study areas were revolutionary—today, they're more important than ever.
Since then, Griffith has grown into a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 5% of universities worldwide. Its teaching and research spans five campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while its network of more than 120,000 graduates extends around the world.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Australia & New Zealand for International Students