Course(s) Offered: Sciences
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: University of Geneva
Country to Study in: Switzerland
The Faculty of Science, in collaboration with several sponsors, have established an Excellence Fellowship Program for international students from any country of the world across a broad range of scientific disciplines (listed below).
The Excellence Masters Fellowships aims to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of these disciplines covered by the Faculty.
Eligible applicants interested in pursuing their dreams at this internationally top-ranked scientific institution (University of Geneva) are encouraged to apply for these Excellence Fellowships according to the criteria set below.
Application for an Excellence Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor's program) and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
Complete admission criteria can be consulted on the relevant Master Web pages. Additional information can be obtained from the Masters coordinators or the Academic advisor.
Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence. Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
Citizens of ALL countries
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Fields of study
The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva offers Master of Science degree in a broad range of scientific disciplines:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry,
- Earth Sciences,
- Environmental Sciences,
- Computer Sciences,
- Pharmaceutical Sciences and
Not specified by sponsor
The fellowships are awarded for one year.
It is extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10'000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties)
Method of Application
The application (in English or French) consists of:
- Application Form (downloaded from the official website)
- A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
- A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master's program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program (see above).
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship and to access the application form.
Next application deadline is 15 March 2016 (for Masters starting September 14, 2016).
The University of Geneva (officially in French Université de Genève) is a public research university located in Geneva, Switzerland. It was founded in 1559 by John Calvin. It is the second-largest university in Switzerland by number of students.
The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution, and has a strong focus on research. It hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) and many European collaborative research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Switzerland for International Students