The National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war.
The NYSC wishes to bring to the notice of all final year students the below-information. The NYSC management issues this important notice to all final year students of higher institutions spread across the country and abroad.
The directive concerns the timetable for online registration, and also requirements for the 2015 mobilization exercise for Batch B NYSC members. All concerned students are hereby informed.
Requirements For Registration/Mobilization Of GraduatesThis is to inform all prospective corps members, i.e. Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics both at home and abroad that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from Tuesday 8th September to Friday 9th October, 2015 to enable them register for the 2015 Batch ‘B’mobilization.
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
1. The Website address is any of the following:
3. Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct JAMB and Matriculation numbers to register.
4. For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the NYSC portal.
5. Prospective corps members must ensure that their institutions and Courses are approved and accredited by Nigeria Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or Federal Ministry of Education (FME), otherwise they would not be mobilized..
6. Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure.
8. All graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should not visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come along with the original documents they uploaded to the camp where they will be verified.
10. Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
11. Prospective corps members should ensure that it is their accurate passport size photograph that is captured during registration.
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized.
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
13. Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
14. Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
15. All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but did not print their call-up letters online need not to pay again.
16. Married female prospective corps members should upload copies of their marriage Certificate, evidence of Change of name and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
17. The orientation camps are not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
18. Prospective corps members who have problems related to mobilization should go to the nearest NYSC Secretariats, see the Deployment and Relocation officer and lodge their complaints between 9th – 16th October, 2015.
19. All Part-time graduates are also expected to register on-line, even though they qualify for Exclusion.
20. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY, 9TH OCTOBER 2015, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
21. See time-table for online registration for 2015 Batch B Corp Members.
Original announcement here: http://www.nysc.gov.ng (official NYSC website)
Requirements For Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained GraduatesThe following are the requirements for registration of foreign- trained Nigerian graduates wishing to participate in National Youth Service Corps:
1. The Originals and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of result and Attestation letters are not acceptable); viz:
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official Transcript of the First Degree or HND programme
- Marks Sheets (for Indian Schools only)
- O’level Certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma for those who schooled in USA e.t.c. Candidate must obtain credit in not less than 5 subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required to produce in addition, Evidence of completion of Housemanship, Registration Certificate with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria, as applicable.
- Pharmacists shall produce in addition, Evidence of completion of Internship and the registration certificate with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Entry Visa to Country of Study
- First Departure Date from Nigeria
- Date of Return to Nigeria
- Data page of the passport
- Candidates with dual nationality are required to produce both passports for verification.
- Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing
- Sworn Affidavit
- Evidence of stay in country of study
- The above documents should contain the same information as contained in the lost passport.
- Current Nigerian International Passport
- Police Report
- Sworn Affidavit
- Confirmation letter from either the examination body (for loss of ‘O’ Level Certificate) or the academic institution of graduation (for loss of Degree, HND Certificate).
6. Special Note:
- Registration of foreign-trained graduates commences on 8th Septemberr, 2015 and closes on 9th October, 2015
- Foreign-trained graduates enlisting into the Nigerian Youth Service are not obliged to choose their State of deployment. However, married women would be deployed to the state where their husbands are domiciled provided their marriage certificate and evidence of change of name (Newspaper publication and Court Affidavit) are uploaded and attached to their forms.
- Graduate of University of Education Winneba, Ghana, King Faisal University, Chad Republic and all Universities in the Republic of Benin are requested to obtain and upload letters of Evaluation from Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja before registration.
- All names inconsistency on different documents must be supported with Court Affidavit and uploaded before physical verification.
- Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come along with the original documents they uploaded to the camp where they will be verified.
- You are expected to print your callup letter on-line but for those that did not pay they are to collect their call-up letters at NYSC NDHQ Abuja on presentation of international Travelling passport. Collection by proxy is not allowed.
- You will also present your international travelling passport before you can register at the orientation camp.