Program Offered: Entrepreneurial ideas
Program Level: Competition
Provider: Fed Govt of Nigeria
Country to Work in: Nigeria
Note: Application deadline extended to 13th February 2015!
With YouWIN, turn your entrepreneurial aspirations into reality. YouWiN! stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. YouWiN! 4 is the fourth edition and will feature men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between the ages of 18 to 45.
YouWiN! is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
The Fourth Edition of YouWIN is now Open for Application. Submission of YOUWIN 4 application commenced on Monday 17th November 2014
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
Citizens of Nigeria
Any potential or ongoing business venture(s) or enterprise(s) located within Nigeria by young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria
Fields of study
Any potential or ongoing entrepreneurial ideas, plans or innovations (that satisfies the eligibility criteria listed out above)
Number of awards
Up to 1,200 aspirants will be selected
Specific Objectives of the Programme:
- Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;
- Provide a one time Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;
- Generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
- Provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria;
- Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria; and,
- Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility.
Interested applicants should Register here. You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
Complete New Business Application:
Once you have successfully registered, Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and return to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send your application.
You can submit only ONE application.
Submission of first stage applications will close on Friday, 30 January 2015.
Update: The application deadline has been extended to 13th February 2015.
The first round of the YouWiN! competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses. The 2012 (second) round of the entrepreneurial scheme – YouWIN Women, was designed exclusively for female entrepreneurs, age 45 or less. The third edition was open for all Nigerians within the age limit.
Application Deadline: 13 February 2015
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Programme Information and Application
Related: List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students