Course Type: Essay-writing
Course Level: Competition
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Essay Contest is for undergraduates of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The NCC hereby invites applications from all qualified members of the public to apply for the contest. The theme of the competition is: "Broadband a Catalyst for National Development".
Apply for the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Essay Competition for 2014/2015.
|Click on image to enlarge|
The 2014 NCC Essay Competition Methodology:
- Undergraduates will submit essays not more than 2500 words.
- The essays must have an Abstract, Introduction, Main body and Conclusion with references.
- Essay must have references.
- Participants must sign an undertaking stating the originality of their essays.
- First 500 entries representing undergraduates from the Institutions (Private and Public) across the country.
- Winning essays will be selected based on content, grammar and style.
- The winning essays will be announced by the First Quarter 2015.
Citizens of Nigeria
All accredited tertiary academic institutions in Nigeria; AND
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).
Fields of study
The essay theme of the current competition is: "Broadband a Catalyst for National Development".
- Increase Awareness of the Subject Matter
- Engage and Enhance Research skills
- Encourage competition and academic excellence
- Build capacity of undergraduates
Prizes will be given to three (3) finalists, and consolation to the best first ten.
NCC Essay Competition Prizes
- 1st Prize:
N500,000.00 cash prize, Branded NCC Laptop and Printer
- 2nd Prize:
N300,000.00 cash prize
- 3rd Prize
N200,000.00 cash prize
All Entries for the 2014/2015 essay competition should be sent to: email@example.com before the set closing date.
For more enquires, interested persons are advised to visit the official NCC Facebook page via the link below.
All entries for the 2014 NCC Essay contest must be submitted on or before 13th January 2015, which is the closing date.
The NCC, the independent regulatory body for the Nigerian telecom industry, was created under Decree number 75 by the Federal Military Government of Nigeria on 24 November 1992.
The parastatal has the task of regulating the supply of telecom services and facilities, promoting competition, and setting performance standards for telephone services in Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 13 January 2015
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Competition Information and Application
Related: List of Essay Writing Contests for Students